• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

Can we get this poll, please?

Provoke.

Invoke.

Evoke.

Crack.

You know how to make a poll, slacker. :baiting:

I don't think I've ever tried, bro.

Hop over to Testing 1...2...3 and give it a whirl. Knowledge is power.

That's a hard poll to determine.At first lemondude was wrong for bidding on the book,then PC1009 was wrong in giving him an out.Please the book was relisted,chalk it up to experience.Just learn from your past mistakes PC,it will work itself out.I mean c'mon, it's only funny books. lol

it's only funny books.

Heresy!

If most think am in wrong then i'll never post on here again.

I haven't liked either poll so far, as the issue is very much grey area.

I think both of you are in the wrong. He shouldn't have bid if he didn't have the money. However, you gave him the out. You should not have started the thread. Your representation of the situation was not accurate.

And he was going to pay. Did the auction say immediate payment required? That's the part that puzzles me. I don't eBay anymore. Is there a time frame in which you are required to pay?

I always paid immediately, but 3 days doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of time.

Lemonman5 didn't do anything wrong.

He emailed with the seller about time payments, those weren't an option. He knew that. He accepted that. The seller knew what Lemonman5 asked for and his situation, and still the seller enticed and encouraged him to bid on the auction, so he did.

The seller's auction listing: AF 15 CGC 1.0 doesn't say anything about immediate payment required.

Under ebay policy you have 4 days to pay before Ebay will allow you to contact them, at that point the buyer has 4 more days to respond and pay. So it's 8 days total to pay.

Lemonman5 never mentioned a word about not wanting to pay, not being able to pay, or bidding on the auction without the funds to complete the purchase. To the contrary, all of Lemonman5's actions point to a ready, willing and able buyer who has given no indication of failure to perform.

Lemonman5 had the money within the time frame allowed by Ebay, the time frame was accepted by the seller in his PM's that were displayed in this thread. Lemonman5 never said a word about not honoring the deal or paying in the agreed upon time frame.

Had the seller not offered to let him out of the deal gratuitously, and without request or demand by the Lemonman5, there is no indication that the buyer was not going to pay, pay in full, and pay on time.

If we are assigning relative blame for what happened in this situation as to WHY the transaction did not go through it's:

Lemonman5 0%

pt1009 100%

Given all the information posted in this thread, along with the auction listing, Ebay's policies, the PM exchange and the testimony of both parties there's no way this can be even 1% Lemonman5's blame to shoulder.

The seller undid the transaction, and did so of his own accord. Only afterwords did he decide he was wronged and started this abortion of a thread.

There should be a thread stickied at the top of general to remind everyone that Superman is the king of superheroes.

I was thinking it was more a sad and poignant commentary of the failures of the educational system. (shrug)

+1

It's so clear cut I can't believe this is even being questioned.

If most think am in wrong then i'll never post on here again.

I haven't liked either poll so far, as the issue is very much grey area.

I think both of you are in the wrong. He shouldn't have bid if he didn't have the money. However, you gave him the out. You should not have started the thread. Your representation of the situation was not accurate.

And he was going to pay. Did the auction say immediate payment required? That's the part that puzzles me. I don't eBay anymore. Is there a time frame in which you are required to pay?

I always paid immediately, but 3 days doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of time.

Lemonman5 didn't do anything wrong.

He emailed with the seller about time payments, those weren't an option. He knew that. He accepted that. The seller knew what Lemonman5 asked for and his situation, and still the seller enticed and encouraged him to bid on the auction, so he did.

The seller's auction listing: AF 15 CGC 1.0 doesn't say anything about immediate payment required.

Under ebay policy you have 4 days to pay before Ebay will allow you to contact them, at that point the buyer has 4 more days to respond and pay. So it's 8 days total to pay.

Lemonman5 never mentioned a word about not wanting to pay, not being able to pay, or bidding on the auction without the funds to complete the purchase. To the contrary, all of Lemonman5's actions point to a ready, willing and able buyer who has given no indication of failure to perform.

Lemonman5 had the money within the time frame allowed by Ebay, the time frame was accepted by the seller in his PM's that were displayed in this thread. Lemonman5 never said a word about not honoring the deal or paying in the agreed upon time frame.

Had the seller not offered to let him out of the deal gratuitously, and without request or demand by the Lemonman5, there is no indication that the buyer was not going to pay, pay in full, and pay on time.

If we are assigning relative blame for what happened in this situation as to WHY the transaction did not go through it's:

Lemonman5 0%

pt1009 100%

Given all the information posted in this thread, along with the auction listing, Ebay's policies, the PM exchange and the testimony of both parties there's no way this can be even 1% Lemonman5's blame to shoulder.

The seller undid the transaction, and did so of his own accord. Only afterwords did he decide he was wronged and started this abortion of a thread.

There should be a thread stickied at the top of general to remind everyone that Superman is the king of superheroes.

Only up to the point where Hulk punches him in the head with a pair of Kryptonite brass knuckles during an eclipse! (thumbs u

Then it's Night, Night time for Supes :baiting:

Only up to the point where Hulk punches him in the head with a pair of Kryptonite brass knuckles during an eclipse! (thumbs u

Then it's Night, Night time for Supes :baiting:

zzz

Why are Kryptonians the most powerful beings in the universe?

Because they are also the smartest, best looking and wittiest........that is why they are all dead!

BTW........ Doomsday was simply a Hulk rip off