• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you store your Priceless CGC

54 posts in this topic

there are a few comics slab that i have that is worth getting more than $1000, and i want to keep them in a safe place. a business depot near my place is selling a mini safe ($20) with an inner dimension of 7.5" x 12" x 3". the safe is fire proff and water proff, which is really neat. would a CGC slab me able to fit thru there???

where do you keep you priceless CGC slab in??

The problem with mini-safes is that people can still haul them away. Speaking for myself, I invested in a full size gunsafe that can also be bolted down. I had a break in back in '96 while I was out of town and the thief made off with about 35k worth of vintage hockey and baseball cards. Ever since then, I've been very security conscious.

Not all my books are kept here. Just my most expensive or hard to find.

safe.jpg

Your hotness factor just went up by +10000

And those are de-humidifiers on the door, right?

Yep. I keep five of these in there. Absolute overkill, but I like the peace of mind.

Mini rechargable dehumidiers

I also keep one of these in there as well. They're cheap and will last up to a year before needing a replacement.

Bullfrog emitter shield

I recently reshuffled the panels and moved all the ammo to the bottom. This gave me two rows of shelves for the books. All the document stuff you see in the lower right has been moved to a different safe.

there are a few comics slab that i have that is worth getting more than $1000, and i want to keep them in a safe place. a business depot near my place is selling a mini safe ($20) with an inner dimension of 7.5" x 12" x 3". the safe is fire proff and water proff, which is really neat. would a CGC slab me able to fit thru there???

where do you keep you priceless CGC slab in??

The problem with mini-safes is that people can still haul them away. Speaking for myself, I invested in a full size gunsafe that can also be bolted down. I had a break in back in '96 while I was out of town and the thief made off with about 35k worth of vintage hockey and baseball cards. Ever since then, I've been very security conscious.

Not all my books are kept here. Just my most expensive or hard to find.

safe.jpg

I know who's house to run to when the Zombie apocalypse strikes.

Yah we can wing slabs at their heads just like the records in Shaun of the Dead! :baiting:

... doh! ... you mean the guns, right, right...

With the poor writing style in the OP I hope this is more a joke post than anything. Or are you really asking if it is a good idea to store $1000+ books in a $20 box? You know a $20 "safe" is about as solid and secure of a location for these comics as a filing cabinet.

In my den, on the top shelf of full wall built in bookcase.  My shutters tilted up just enough to eliminate as much direct visible light as possible. I have Flexbrite LED lighting (no uv) flushed  in behind the trim in each shelf/cubby - lining the top and sides to display them at night. 

(I tell myself I pay through the nose for my insurance and my "fine art" umbrella for any nonlight damaging situations that might occur with my funny books!!)

Now for alll my sentimentally priceless family or personal items they on the other hand are in my gun room vault)

With the poor writing style in the OP I hope this is more a joke post than anything. Or are you really asking if it is a good idea to store $1000+ books in a $20 box? You know a $20 "safe" is about as solid and secure of a location for these comics as a filing cabinet.

Geez..what's with all this language police huh??? As one of the post said, not all members here have english as their first language.... last time I look the board was open for everybody......USA and international. Try learning another language from scratch, other than english, and see if you have any spelling mistakes too :baiting:

It was a genuine question, I just wanted to know where is a good place to store high price slabs. the safe was just an idea, and wanted to know the pros and cons, before i use it. Don't bite my head off because of an idea :makepoint:

Firearms and funny books do seem to go hand in hand with some of us. lol!!

(we have (last I checked) the right to bear arms to protect our raw and slabbed books)

PS To the OP If you are from another country and English is not your first language you deserve a lot of apologies IMHO. Because if I were to post on say a Spanish website....I would come across as "moreon" who ate paint chips daily.

A 140lb dog that looks EXTREMELY vicious also helps (thumbs u

In the last 6 years my neighbor has been robbed 3 times and every house in both directions has been hit at least once. Literally, theres been at least 25 break ins in the last 6 years going 10 houses in each direction from me.

The worst we ever had though was a brick thrown thru a window but no one came in the house. I'm 100% positive the only reason we havent been robbed is because our 140lb dog will IMMEDIATELY come to any window/door and bark like Cujo if a stranger shows up :eek: