• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are women comic book fans as rare as unicorns?

Boy or girl?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Boy or girl?

66 posts in this topic

Interesting blog post... I didnt know some girls were refering to themselves as unicorns. Id be interested in how many girls compared to guys there are here? maybe 5%?

Are women comic book fans as rare as unicorns?

By now, anyone who has anything to do with comics ought to know that women are a big part of that world.

It’s certainly no surprise to Brian Jacoby, who owns Secret Headquarters and Games in Tallahassee, Florida. Since opening his shop almost five years ago, he’s seen plenty of female customers walk through the door on a regular basis.

Several months ago, however, Jacoby began pondering the outdated perception that women who read comics are scarce. When DC announced in May that it would re-launch all of its titles, there was much online discussion about how female characters would fare and whether major publishers gave much thought to their female customers.

Rest of blog here....

http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/01/are-women-comic-books-fans-as-rare-as-unicorns/

Just curious?

Are you saying that 5% of members here are unicorns? :o

10% are pixies.

:applause:

My wife and I are actually going to see the Pixies in about two weeks!

Id say the female variety makes me get "horny" :banana:

They are a great band - hope you both enjoy the show.

10% are pixies.

:applause:

My wife and I are actually going to see the Pixies in about two weeks!

Id say the female variety makes me get "horny" :banana:

They are a great band - hope you both enjoy the show.

:gossip: One of the top 5 alternative bands of all time in my humble book...

Back to the subject at hand? GIrls? Unicorns? :blahblah:

First of all why in the frack would I want to be a fracking unicorn?

bleah..unicorns are ..

not even cool..

second..no way ALL of us are voting in your poll because we are trying to kep our numbers a secret ..that way when we take over it will be a complete surprise..

First of all why in the frack would I want to be a fracking unicorn?

bleah..unicorns are ..

not even cool..

second..no way ALL of us are voting in your poll because we are trying to kep our numbers a secret ..that way when we take over it will be a complete surprise..

I guess the thinking is girl geeks are supposed to be non-existant... like you guessed it! Unicorns.... :screwy:

But if you dont like the moniker you better start changing other peoples minds in geekdom cuz this thing might stick..... check out the front of geekchicdaily, yup you guessed it... a geek group of chicks called the unicorns!

http://www.geekchicdaily.com/region/national/story/national/geek-this-week-team-unicorn-joss-whedon-harold-and-kumar-mindy-kaling

Also, I understand the takeover thing... but vote in my poll please? :busy:

10% are pixies.

100% of the members here are pixels.

Your member is a pixie?

Your member is pixelated?

They are in Japanese films. (so I was told)

Hey, check out the RMA style quote nestling we've got going on here!