• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect sells CRACKED cgc cases RANT

46 posts in this topic

ComicConnect sells CRACKED cgc cases and when called the response is basically, tough. The offer was to have to have it reholdered with all postage at my expense. NO returns. The case was already cracked when the book was listed but not visible in the listing. The crack is on the back side. Once you know where the crack is, download the image and blow it up huge, it can be seen. What bothers me the most is ComicConnect selling CRACKED cgc cases without disclosure.

That's nothing. I won a book on CLINK where the case was completely broken in half. The package was fine so it had to have gone in that way. When I contacted CLINK about it, they didn't even reply. I guess they were being polite in how they told be to go fist myself.

is the crack on the bottom right corner if you're staring at the front?

it is sad that this wasn't disclosed...they should have offered you $11 or some compensation since that's the cost to reholder the book..

if you paid via credit card, I'd try the chargeback option!

Yes. From the front view. the crack is on the lower right corner. The crack is on the back side and starts on the side edge about one inch from the lower edge and ends just shy of the lower edge and is just over two inches in length. How the heck did you see it and would you know it was there unless told it was cracked?

That's nothing. I won a book on CLINK where the case was completely broken in half. The package was fine so it had to have gone in that way. When I contacted CLINK about it, they didn't even reply. I guess they were being polite in how they told be to go fist myself.

I had the exact opposite response from CLink on a cracked case. I sent it back, they had it reholdered and returned to me. I have had zero complaints with CLink.

I appreciate C-link's approach to cracked cases the last few years:

- They'll disclose the case is cracked in the auction description and that the book is currently at CGC getting reholdered.

- They'll notify you when your books shipped that you may be missing one if its still at CGC.

- They'll ship the reholdered book to you at no additional cost over and above the normal shipping expense.

For all the grief CLink sometimes gets, they should get some acknowledgement for when they act proactively to remedy a problem.

I had the exact opposite response from CLink on a cracked case. I sent it back, they had it reholdered and returned to me. I have had zero complaints with CLink.

On many occasions I have notice that Clink will state that the book is at CGC being re-holdered, due to a cracked case.

Everyone is playing grab-azz in the AF15 thread. I would postpone this thread until Monday at the earliest to get the proper response.