• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 156

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys - after a bit of an ignominious start, my first "proper" post.

Grateful for thoughts on this Batman #156 - like a lot of UK-bought comics it's got an old price stamp on the front ("7/9d"). What sort of effect do you think this would this have on the grade?

Got the comic as I am a huge fan of Morrison's Batman run and am pulling together the key issues he referenced. Got a #113 on the way which I'll be posting scans of soon.

Hopefully the pictures are clear enough. Thanks in advance!

Adam

2hoh3d0.jpg[/img]

10fnkv6.jpg[/img]

dlnm9y.jpg[/img]

I agree all around with porky. 8.5. I kind of want to go 9.0 because the spine looks so good but the corners seem pretty rounded so I bet 8.5 is more accurate. I have never seen a price stamp like that but with porky again I think it would be counted as a date stamp and not effect the grade at all. I am probably in the minority but I kind of like date stamps and stuff like this because it shows part of its history.

Thanks for the responses. I think I will send it off to be graded with my next lot of stuff - I actually like the slabs for displaying comics like this which I don't need to read (as I have them in TPBs).

Will post again it comes back - I'd be happy with an 8, very happy with an 8.5.