• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Fioto Pedigree.LOL

8 posts in this topic

Just kidding about the pedigree thing but I found a Mister Miracle #3 with his address stamp on the back cover.It's a pretty solid book in the VF+ range and was wondering if anyone else had any books from this bygone collector.Here's pics.

DCBronze028.jpg

DCBronze029.jpg

Try googling him.

I have a GA Human Torch 19 with a stamp like that. Turned out the guy is still alive and a priest up North. I called his church and left a message and he called menback a few days later and we talked about his books. He had pretty much every GA book there was including Action 1 but sold them in the early 70's for like 5k. He said he didn't want to but his dad talked him into it saying he would be crazy to turn down 5k for a bunch of worthless comics. He said whenever he sees something in the news about expensive comics it makes him sick to this day.

It was definitely cool to talk to him and find out a little about the bookmi owned and it's history (thumbs u

I remember reading that.Pretty cool.I did find that name.A real estate guy in New York.Also back in 1973 a Don Fioto wrote a SF story for Space & Time #18.I'm thinking it may be the same guy.

In the same issue there is an essay 'Midnight Swordsman by some guy named Frank Miller.

Google also yielded this,which is pretty cool

http://www.desertisle.com/content/text/inc_monster.php

Try googling him.

I have a GA Human Torch 19 with a stamp like that. Turned out the guy is still alive and a priest up North. I called his church and left a message and he called menback a few days later and we talked about his books. He had pretty much every GA book there was including Action 1 but sold them in the early 70's for like 5k. He said he didn't want to but his dad talked him into it saying he would be crazy to turn down 5k for a bunch of worthless comics. He said whenever he sees something in the news about expensive comics it makes him sick to this day.

It was definitely cool to talk to him and find out a little about the bookmi owned and it's history (thumbs u

Pretty cool story!