• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

While scrounging for back issues in my LCS I found.....

54 posts in this topic

.....this today,....I had to buy it,...this book was like "Comic History" 101 for me....it opened a whole new world filled with endless stories and super-heroes , from what seemed like a million years ago,...this was the book that made me want to start collecting comic books...

100.jpg

..........so now that the lawn is cut,...the trucks are washed and the bills are all paid, I'm going to pretend that it's the summer of 1971, I'm nine years old and I just returned home from the corner candy store with a bunch of comics bought with the $2.00 birthday money given to me by my Aunt Tootsie...I'm going to read it cover to cover then maybe take a nap with my dogs.......life is good..... cloud9.gif

I'm jealous. I think the oldest comic in my LCS is a Spawn #1. frown.gif Thank God for eBay.

I know what you mean. sign-rantpost.gif

While scrounging for back issues in my LCS I found..... .....this today,....I had to buy it,...this book was like "Comic History" 101 for me...

Er.......

I hate to burst your bubble....

BUT IT JUST GOT REISSUED THIS WEEK.

HONEST !!!!!!!!

While scrounging for back issues in my LCS I found..... .....this today,....I had to buy it,...this book was like "Comic History" 101 for me...

Er.......

HONEST !!!!!!!!

Ian?...are you familiar with the term....stoopid enuf to up a wet dream?........ 893frustrated.gif..Geezushchrist,.... and here I was ready to make a killing on selling these in NM,...what would we do around here without your brilliant insight and guidanance?......maybe I should take you with me the next time I go to buy comics,...with your keen eye and plethora of knowledge you could probably save me hundreds if not thousands of dollars,...and to think,....I almost bought a copy of Action #1 today but it looked kind of funny,...almost to large,...I thought to myself,...I better ask Ian about this,.....he'll know what to do....boy-o-boy I'm glad I did....thanks Ian....

there are still more at my lcs today...what does it call it in the indicia...2nd printing, commemorative edition?

Replica Edition,...and its a glossy card stock cover....

Er.......

HONEST !!!!!!!!

Ian?...are you familiar with the term....stoopid enuf to up a wet dream?........ 893frustrated.gif..Geezushchrist,.... and here I was ready to make a killing on selling these in NM,...what would we do around here without your brilliant insight and guidanance?......maybe I should take you with me the next time I go to buy comics,...with your keen eye and plethora of knowledge you could probably save me hundreds if not thousands of dollars,...and to think,....I almost bought a copy of Action #1 today but it looked kind of funny,...almost to large,...I thought to myself,...I better ask Ian about this,.....he'll know what to do....boy-o-boy I'm glad I did....thanks Ian....

Hey, cut Ian some slack. He's only 9 books away or something, and he's probably worried that the next one he over pays for will either show up in triplicate on ebay, or he'll get ripped off again. He's probably just trying to redirect some attention away from him. No blood, no foul.

Er.......

HONEST !!!!!!!!

Ian?...are you familiar with the term....stoopid enuf to up a wet dream?........ 893frustrated.gif..

DUDE! that's like my wife telling me she and her girlfriends had a "girl's night out" sleepover last month, and then ADDING, "but all we did was talk and watch TV.'

Jeez, DON'T TELL ME THAT!

I don't know why you attacked Ian. The title of your thread is about scrounging "back issues", which implies that you found this book in the back issues. Ian was trying to protect you from making an error, that's all.

-- Joanna