• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

While scrounging for back issues in my LCS I found.....

54 posts in this topic

I don't know why you attacked Ian. The title of your thread is about scrounging "back issues", which implies that you found this book in the back issues. Ian was trying to protect you from making an error, that's all.

-- Joanna

I agree. After all, who was stupid enough to pay back-issue prices for a brand-new book?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sucker.

I don't know why you attacked Ian. The title of your thread is about scrounging "back issues", which implies that you found this book in the back issues. Ian was trying to protect you from making an error, that's all.

-- Joanna

A fine point but a point nonetheless. Why even imply Back Issues in this post? And your attack on Ian was danged hard. Way to hard. Soooooo hard. JUST TOO hard.

And also hard.

-- Joanna

A fine point but a point nonetheless. Why even imply Back Issues in this post? And your attack on Ian was danged hard. Way to hard. Soooooo hard. JUST TOO hard.

And also hard.

Whoa! Try taking just ONE purple pill next time, Gramps! gossip.gif

-- Joanna

And also hard.

Hey Khaos - was I talking to you? Huh? WAS I?

So why don't you just go and do that thing you do every few hours (after you have recovered) that I cannot say because I would be banned if I did.

OK? Huh? Dag...Nab...It! 893frustrated.gif

::I mean, your Honor. What did I ever DO to him to make him treat me in such a way?::

-- Joanna

And also hard.

Hey Khaos - was I talking to you? Huh? WAS I?

So why don't you just go and do that thing you do every few hours (after you have recovered) that I cannot say because I would be banned if I did.

OK? Huh? Dag...Nab...It! 893frustrated.gif

::I mean, your Honor. What did I ever DO to him to make him treat me in such a way?::

I got a DVD in the mail today!!! cloud9.gif Thanks, Pov!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif Granted, I can't watch it until Wednesday... but I'm very excited!!!!

I got a DVD in the mail today!!! Thanks, Pov!!! Granted, I can't watch it until Wednesday... but I'm very excited!!!!

Yes! Start by wtahcing the Invisible Man thingie - is maybe 3 mins but really funny. Then go to the Measles one. Then Gas Huffin' Gas Gals. After that - just peruse! Please let me know here or in PM how you liked it. I think you will.

I got a DVD in the mail today!!! Thanks, Pov!!! Granted, I can't watch it until Wednesday... but I'm very excited!!!!

Yes! Start by wtahcing the Invisible Man thingie - is maybe 3 mins but really funny. Then go to the Measles one. Then Gas Huffin' Gas Gals. After that - just peruse! Please let me know here or in PM how you liked it. I think you will.

I can't wait!! The TITLE of the invisible man bit had me laughing out loud... I'll post a full review here so we can tease all the chumps and titillate the twits until they have no other choice but to buy copies for themselves! devil.gif

I can't wait!! The TITLE of the invisible man bit had me laughing out loud... I'll post a full review here so we can tease all the chumps and titillate the twits until they have no other choice but to buy copies for themselves! devil.gif

Actually would be a good think. It is inexpensive and some very good things on it! The folks who put it out should be commended!

Actually would be a good think. It is inexpensive and some very good things on it! The folks who put it out should be commended!

sign-offtopic.gif

sign-offtopic.gif

Gosh ya think? 27_laughing.gif

-- Joanna

Thankyou Joanna

His original posting read like he thought he'd found an original, and all I tried to do was help by pointing out that it had been reissued only this very week. I was trying to help him, not make a fool of myself.

-- Joanna

Joanna,...with all due respect ,...the last thing Ian was doing was trying to protect me from making a mistake,...perhaps the title of the thread was misleading in that I found the book in the back issue section,..it was not it was with the new books.....I was just having a nostalgic moment cause the book gave me a lot of pleasure when I bought it originally back in the Summer of 1971.....I didn't point out that it was a reprint because it was blatantly obvious,...I mean the book had no price on it...

....Ian could only point out that it wasn't an original,...it was a reprint...like he did to that poor poster that had questions about the Superman origin from the Action #1 Treasury edition,....he kept squawking "it's not an original ,...it's not an original"....well pardon me but no sheet Sherlock,...that wasn't the point,...the guy had a valid question about Superman's origin all he did to help was tell him that his book was a reprint,...I'm sure the guy was aware of that,...I'm I'm pretty sure he never posted in here after that as well......

...So please excuse me if I got annoyed that Ian peed in my nostalgic, dixie riddle-cup of Hawaiian punch.......

-- Joanna

Thankyou Joanna

His original posting read like he thought he'd found an original, and all I tried to do was help by pointing out that it had been reissued only this very week. I was trying to help him, not make a fool of myself.

Just to clarify, you thought Rocketeer was such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person he believed a pristine copy of a thirty plus year old back issue worth hundreds of dollars was likely be found sitting with that week's new books?

Just to clarify, you thought Rocketeer was such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person he believed a pristine copy of a thirty plus year old back issue worth hundreds of dollars was likely be found sitting with that week's new books?

I didn't stop to think about it in any depth. I didn't even clock who posted it up. I just saw the words "back issues" and added the information that it had been reissued this week.

Sheeeeesh !!!!!!!!!!

Rocketeer, the truth is, I misunderstood your post as well. I thought you had indeed purchased a pristine copy of the original (didn't look closely enough to see the non-price) because I had no idea that it had been re-issued. I don't buy new books and don't visit my LCS anymore.

I did indeed understand your nostalgia. In fact, I thought one reason you were so excited was because the book looked "newsstand fresh" and that was all wrapped up in it. Again, not realizing that it was re-issued.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Be happy with your comic, because that is a great issue.

-- Joanna

Rocketeer, the truth is, I misunderstood your post as well. I thought you had indeed purchased a pristine copy of the original (didn't look closely enough to see the non-price) because I had no idea that it had been re-issued. I don't buy new books and don't visit my LCS anymore.

I did indeed understand your nostalgia. In fact, I thought one reason you were so excited was because the book looked "newsstand fresh" and that was all wrapped up in it. Again, not realizing that it was re-issued.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Be happy with your comic, because that is a great issue.

-- Joanna

I misunderstood Rocketeer's post as well. I didn't know it had been rereleased either and had just bought a mid-grade copy of that book at WonderCon.

Let's face it, I admit to not reading every thread in-depth. It's more like "skimming" which can lead to quick but false impressions.

Back to the 'issue' at hand for a moment.. is it my imagination, or do Supes, WW and Batman look like they were re-drawn in some fashion? Is this an exact repro of the original cover, 'cause those three don't look like Neal Adams' work, while the others clearly do. Maybe a last-minute, lousy inking job on those three?

I'm still gonna buy it, if only to read with my daughter...