• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

While scrounging for back issues in my LCS I found.....

54 posts in this topic

The cover does look as if it was re - inked or recolored. Check this scan for the original.

Ever bought the HC slipcased Adams Deadman reprints? The new ink job that DC did to Strange Adventures 205 was abysmal. Unnecessary tinkering.....

Yes, it looks like it's been re-inked and recolored.

Lines have been dropped out on the new cover. (Hawkman's collarbone, Flash's right thigh muscle, etc.) Plus the inking job just isn't very fluid.

There's been more than just badly inked and colored art...the logo has been moved...

Spectre is now blue. Vigilante's hat is blue. WW has bought A. Jolie's lips. Batman has some dental work. GA looks drunk...... 893frustrated.gif

100pg.jpg

100.gif

Jim

Rocketeer, the truth is, I misunderstood your post as well. I thought you had indeed purchased a pristine copy of the original (didn't look closely enough to see the non-price) because I had no idea that it had been re-issued. I don't buy new books and don't visit my LCS anymore.

I did indeed understand your nostalgia. In fact, I thought one reason you were so excited was because the book looked "newsstand fresh" and that was all wrapped up in it. Again, not realizing that it was re-issued.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Be happy with your comic, because that is a great issue.

-- Joanna

Personally, I was just trying to be an a-hole. confused-smiley-013.gif

There's been more than just badly inked and colored art...the logo has been moved...

Spectre is now blue. Vigilante's hat is blue. WW has bought A. Jolie's lips. Batman has some dental work. GA looks drunk...... 893frustrated.gif

Jim

It looks like the blue is an attempt to show shadows. Look at the Spectre's leg, it's white. Yet the upper half is blue. They took the white parts from the original and turned them blue for shadow effect.

Jim

It looks like the blue is an attempt to show shadows. Look at the Spectre's leg, it's white. Yet the upper half is blue. They took the white parts from the original and turned them blue for shadow effect.

Oh... is THAT why Black Canary's hair is two different colors?? Thanks for the clarification, Squanto.

Rocketeer, the truth is, I misunderstood your post as well. I thought you had indeed purchased a pristine copy of the original (didn't look closely enough to see the non-price) because I had no idea that it had been re-issued. I don't buy new books and don't visit my LCS anymore.

I did indeed understand your nostalgia. In fact, I thought one reason you were so excited was because the book looked "newsstand fresh" and that was all wrapped up in it. Again, not realizing that it was re-issued.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Be happy with your comic, because that is a great issue.

-- Joanna

Personally, I was just trying to be an a-hole. confused-smiley-013.gif

So what else is new, Lord Bozo???!!?? tongue.gif