• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Locke, Stock & Two Smoking Jerels

148 posts in this topic

Impressive. Most impressive. If i hadn't just dropped 3 bills on my own focus + 3 bills on a Hulk 181 ... we could talk ... Really nice book Jerel. Really nice.
I hear you. My rock focus alone(the one in back of L&K #1) practically puts me in the poor house all by itself, without factoring in my other hobby besides comics and autographed Frankie Avalon pictures. lol

hm How to pull this off without the wife knowing.....
Hey,What's the worse that could happen? :insane:
OK... This is what we are gonna do(in my best Michael Weston voice).

We are gonna get a bunch of Oprah magazines(I might have a few-they fell off a truck and landed in my mailbox in some kind of bizarre monthly subscription (shrug) ). Next, we stack them on top of the Gem Mint book in the box, like so...

DSC04385Large.jpg

We will call this Operation: SnowJob ;)

hm How to pull this off without the wife knowing.....

Do what i do: Don't tell her. When the book shows up, say you spent $30. Then give her a hug. And do the dishes ... it's the LHD method (Lie, Hug, Divert).

if I start lying to my wife about comic books I'll quit collecting...

Well, she has been very understanding about your Monty Python "Knights Who Say Ni" costume collection. Though it must be driving her crazy when you are in character, and speak in that high-pitched voice demanding a shrubbery.

A real keeper! :cloud9:

Nice grab. Jerel is one of the nicest guys on this (or any other board). Just make sure you keep watch of this thread, or a future one and return the favor...he's a good one and deserves a good turn, in return, to everything turn turn turn. lol

Jerel has a big box of freebies on the way, so don't you worry about someone returning the favor.

;)

OMG, NICK!

:o:o:o

OMG!

Are you sure? Those books totally rock. I came home tonight thinking I was gonna read a "Hey, Boss" comic and watch The Big Hit or the Charlie's Angels TV show. Now I know what I am going to be doing.

Thank You!!! :foryou:

Nice grab. Jerel is one of the nicest guys on this (or any other board). Just make sure you keep watch of this thread, or a future one and return the favor...he's a good one and deserves a good turn, in return, to everything turn turn turn. lol

Jerel has a big box of freebies on the way, so don't you worry about someone returning the favor.

;)

OMG, NICK!

:o:o:o

OMG!

Are you sure? Those books totally rock. I came home tonight thinking I was gonna read a "Hey, Boss" comic and watch The Big Hit or the Charlie's Angels TV show. Now I know what I am going to be doing.

Thank You!!! :foryou:

:blush:

You're the best, Jerel. Just wanted to return the favor for all the kindness shown x 30.

:foryou:

DSC037801Large.jpg

$750 + $20 shipping w/ insurance. It will be shipped in a bomb-proof package. This is a make or break book for a Registry Set afterall. Because of my new focus, I have no regrets letting it go. If Joe Schmo announces it's a movie franchise tomorrow, I won't care if it sold for this price. I just want to be able to move on.

Very excited to throw up.......................... :takeit: