• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verified on July 17th posted by BIGDave72

7 posts in this topic

still waiting

My books got to GCG in early july and were verified on July 17th. With the exception of the modern books all my bronze and silver age books are still not even on the schedule for grading. This will mean that total turnaround time is going to be close to six months. I know i am saving money by going the least expensive route but this is too long.

See more journals by BIGDave72

I agree with this. It's closing in on three months since I submitted back at the Baltimore Comic-con and I haven't gotten my books back. When I checked at the month marker I was told that people quit and this was the con season. They've been sitting at graded for the last couple of weeks and still no progress. I guess that I'm better off than others. I understand the work load and I haven't complained much, I understand everyone is in the same boat, but this is quite ridiculous. There must be something the company can do to fix the broken business processes. It seems to me that the owners of the company, knowing that con season is approaching would put more graders into the pipeline even if it was just unpaid interns who were trained and offered work during the season. Or maybe this is just the owners of the company attempting to maximize their profits by keeping as little staff on hand as possible and letting the customers experience the displeasure of dealing with the delays.

Granted, I don't run an organization like CGC so I don't know the logistics of it but my wife and I do have a small business with a couple of rental properties above and beyond our professional jobs. We don't have the latitude to just let our customers/renters deal with our problems. If there's a problem with the properties, we have to do what needs to be done to take care of our customers as quickly as possible. In no way do I see CGC making an attempt to take care of their customers. The lack of communication is terrible, the delay is ridiculous and paying an extra ten dollars for express is difficult to swallow just so that they can make their advertised grading deadlines. I'm very displeased as a customer. Also stating that the process takes 20 business days when it actually seems to take 3-6 times that long is patently false. I wonder how many folks would choose competitors if the actual process times were listed. I would actually consider it in the future. I've chosen CGC because they seem to have the best name in the field but experiencing the business practices first hand I have to question this.

Modern isn't an issue. It's the Economy tier that's totally borked. I'm in the same boat as the OP. Got one Verified 7/14 and one 7/15 and still sitting there. I had a standard tier submitted on 7/14 and got that back on about 8/5.

two more months and they'll fall off the order status page and then we won't get to check them at all.

That seems to be about right. I just got 4 books back today that were sent economy at Heroes. I have two more economy books I didn't fast track that I sent off at the first of September that I don't anticipate getting back until early 2012 but then again maybe they are catching up like you said. That would be a nice Christmas present.

There does seem to be at least some lag on the moderns though because it doesn't show as "on-time" and I've got books still showing as verified that have been there 20+ days.

Just takes a little patience :thumbsup:

Modern isn't an issue. It's the Economy tier that's totally borked. I'm in the same boat as the OP. Got one Verified 7/14 and one 7/15 and still sitting there. I had a standard tier submitted on 7/14 and got that back on about 8/5.

two more months and they'll fall off the order status page and then we won't get to check them at all.

All the cheap tiers have been pretty far behind for a while now - not just Economy. My modern submission prior to this one took 2 1/2 months (about 2.5x the estimated grading time of 20 business days), which is fairly similar to the 2.5x delay you're seeing with Economy right now.

The fact that they're beginning to catch up with the Modern tier is good news all around - because that means the other tiers are coming back on track too :thumbsup: