• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED-- MOVED TO EBAY: Low Grade/Incomplete Golden Age Grails FS!

31 posts in this topic

Howdy Folks,

Just your friendly neighborhood Cosmic Boy here with some pretty cool books for those browsing tonight!

Over the course of the last year, I've slowly lost almost all interest in collecting Golden Age books. It's been a gradual process, but I've pretty much cleared out all but a few mega-key DC books.

An exciting opportunity (not involving a Nigerian Prince) has come up for me, and I need to raise some dough in a timely fashion... so this is going to be it for my Golden Age collection. I need to sell the last remaining holdouts. The good news, for enthusiasts, is that the books I'm about to offer are some of the rarest and most sought after of all time.

So get your popcorn ready :popcorn: and we'll see what happens tonight...

These books should be up in a 1/2 hour or so when I complete scanning and final evaluation, but in preparation, here are the usual rules:

RULES: :rulez:

A) First :takeit: posted in this thread wins, regardless of any PMs.

B) I'm open to PMs and will be responding ASAP through the night, though I will be glued to the TV during Community-- so don't expect a response during Alison Brie time. ;)

C) Shipping for any slabs to the US will be $20 flat, and $10 to the US for anything raw. This includes insurance. I'll pay the extra if it goes over. My one and only priority is getting these books to you quickly and safely. Slabs will be double boxed with peanuts and bubble wrap. Raw will be equally protected via corrugated.

D) I really need to acquire some solid PP funds in a reasonable and timely fashion, so please do not post an :takeit: if you cannot make a payment in a reasonable amount of time.

E) As I'm on a tight timeline, anybody who purchases and pays for a book tonight will receive free domestic US shipping. After midnight tonight, this offer is null and void.

F) International bidders, please contact me before posting an :takeit: for shipping costs.

Finally, I just want to note that it took me nearly a decade to acquire even the type of copies I'm offering here of these books. Regardless of my interest in them, it's a tough pill to swallow letting them go. Not trying to validate or drive up any prices, just letting any potential bidders know just how special they are! (thumbs u

First up,

Please forgive me the crummy pics. Couldn't get the scanner to do anything with the slabs and the light in my place is apparently sub-par to say the least when dealing with the camera.

ISSUE: ALL-AMERICAN #25 (1st Dr. Mid-Nite by Stan Ash) (Scarce) LARSON COPY

GRADE: CGC .5

NOTES: This is the Larson copy of this very scarce issue. Unfortunately, it gets a .5 because it is missing its back cover. Picked this up a few years ago and had it slabbed last year. Other notes are: staples removed, 1st wrap split and detached. Off-White pages designated by CGC. Missing some chunks of the front cover along the edges and spine side. If requested, I can post the back-side (last page due to missing back cover). Feel free to ask any questions about this one. Remember, it's a .5, but this is about as cheap as you'll ever see this book, let alone a pedigree copy. Census sits at 12 slabbed, un-restored. Overstreet GD price for 2011 was $1075. Not sure if it's gone up or not. Freshly slabbed with no cracks or damage, yours for:

PRICE:$800 NOW: $675

Again, sorry for the crummy pics. If there is something you want me to try and capture for you to inspect, just let me know.

dscn0596vo.jpg

dscn0584n.jpg

dscn0594z.jpg

Next up:

:cry:

ISSUE: More Fun #73 (1st Green Arrow & Aquaman)

NOTES: I've always thought this was the most under-rated GA key. It's the 1st appearance of two major DC characters that are still relevant to this day. This is a coverless copy that is also missing its first outer wrap. This affects the Dr. Fate and Spectre stories but the Green Arrow and Aquaman stories luckily remain complete and readable. Existing page count remains at 30 double sided. Pencil marking and stamp on the first page. The spine is rolled. There are some spine and issue tears. Color is fairly decent. Page quality minus the noted defects is excellent. Staples are clean. It appears very well taken care of after its initial discovery and has been since it has been in my care. This would be a great donor copy for those looking or a filler copy for a GA completionist. It's about as scarce as it gets and you hardly ever see one up on Ebay in any grade or shape. GD price in 2011 Overstreet was $1575. You can have this one for just over a quarter of that:

PRICE: $400 NOW: $300

mf73a.jpg

morefun73b.jpg

morefun73c.jpg

Please note, this is a low grade, coverless, incomplete, raw copy.

and another killer More Fun...

ISSUE: More Fun Comics #55 (1st Dr. Fate, Inza, Wotan) (Scarce)

NOTES: This is a coverless copy that's missing its first outer wrap and one other splash page (Radio Squad). The page count remains at 29 double sided. The stories affected are Spectre, Radio Squad, and Bulldog Martin. This is actually a positive because the Doctor Fate story remains unscathed. There is a decent amount of wear, small tears, a small chew, spine wear, slight stain, slight spine roll. Overall though, the page quality is decent though a bit tanner than the #73. There are a few other small to medium tears throughout the interior. This would make a great donor copy for one of the rarest DC GA keys out there. Overstreet GD price in 2011 was $1575 as well. Because of the extra missing page in addition to the first wrap, you can take this home for:

PRICE: $350 NOW: $275

mf55a.jpg

mf55b.jpg

mf55c.jpg

Please note that this is a low grade, coverless, incomplete, raw copy.

I was just delayed by Schwans delivery, so it's going to have wait until after dinner to post the remaining two books.

I've still got a partial All-Star #8 and a low grade, slabbed 'Tec #39 to unload before the nights through... so stayed tuned if you're interested and feel free to PM at any time.

Okay, sorry about the delay...

Here are the last two:

ISSUE: All-Star Comics #8 (1st Wonder Woman) :news:SOLD!!!

NOTES: Coverless/Incomplete copy that is missing 4 double sided pages total. 32 double sided pages remain of 36 total double sided pages. Unfortunately, most of these pages are from the Wonder Woman story. The classic WW splash page remains though, then a good portion of the WW story is missing and then you get the end of the story. There are basically 3 double sided pages of Wonder Woman story left, meaning its missing 2(?) double sided pages from the middle of that story. The other missing pages are from one of the JSA stories, probably a centerfold. I can clarify that if its necessary to a buyer, but it would take some investigation. Additionally, this one is in the roughest shape of the bunch. A few of the inner pages and outer wraps have come loose, and only a few are still connected to the staples. There is very little collectability left to the book besides bragging rights and it being a possible donor book. There are numerous tears, a little bit of fraying, lots of wear. But it's probably the cheapest you'll ever see a piece of this book at:

PRICE: $250

as8u.jpg

as8bm.jpg

as8c.jpg

Please note that this is a low grade, coverless, incomplete, raw copy.