• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this auction mean moderns are worth money now?

14 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-COMIC-COLLECTION-LOT-3800-BOOKS-MAJORITY-LATE-80S-THRU-LATE-90-L-K-/190598538794?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c608ee62a#ht_1398wt_1396

bidding seems high to me on this.... anyone else feel that way? Just curious...cause I'd sell my 80's to 90's collection at this price any day

First bidder has made most of his bids on this guys auctions, despite most of the prior sales being for electronics and watches. Apparently they have very similar tastes.

This stuff doesn't look any better than the $30 a long box stuff normally offered up.

A side note, we visited an antique mall today. ALL of their comics were . Some of it was you'd find in the 50 cent bin, marked $5 probably because they were "old." There was one box of marked "like new" that was full of VF copies of garbage.

I was hoping to find that gem that got missed. But it was nothing but way overpriced junk, like shopping for candy in a movie theater, "May I see that four carrot milk dud? Do you offer financing?"

First bidder has made most of his bids on this guys auctions, despite most of the prior sales being for electronics and watches. Apparently they have very similar tastes.

This stuff doesn't look any better than the $30 a long box stuff normally offered up.

The large lot of lures this seller is selling is a better deal These are the kinda comic books I would be dumping. For $6000 you could get a key for investment purposes, and also buy a huge lot of trade paperbacks for a good read!

I agree. Looks to be about $500 of worthless drek to me. I wouldn't touch it for more than that (tsk)

Spending weekends opening up every long box, hoping to find a $25 book in NM that has spine breaks taking it down to a VF I could sell for $8 on Ebay and then packing each book and driving it to the post office to mail and hope the buyer doesn't give me any grief?

Yeah, I wouldn't take those books for free, let alone pay $500 for em.