• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #55 CGC 9.8 W/P...

50 posts in this topic

Sheesh...Feedback Schmeedback...it's all voluntary and people should not be punished for failing to leave it... foreheadslap.gif

I leave feedback when I ship. I simply do not care anymore if I get it back or not. I used to care, but not anymore - its just one thing less to worry about.

I leave feedback when I ship. I simply do not care anymore if I get it back or not. I used to care, but not anymore - its just one thing less to worry about.

I feel the same way. For me I think it's because once I got past 1000 I realized nothing is going to change for many years unless I turn into a real high volume seller. My feedback score is high enough so who cares if I add another one. I'll also have a red star until probably 2007 so there's no rush there either.

He should really send out the book registered (& insured) mail with USPS.

And I leave feedback upon payment (or soon thereafter) as a seller and I actually care about my rating. Lately, people have been really good about leaving me feedback as well.

One more until a 100. acclaim.gif

*******PLEASE READ FEEDBACK POLICY******* I HAVE SOLD MORE THAN A FEW ITEM'S ON EBAY AND LEFT POSITIVE FEEDBACK AS SOON AS PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED AS SHOULD BE DONE. I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE FEEDBACK FROM THOSE BIDDERS THAT ARE NOW ON MY BLOCK BIDDER/BUYER LIST. IM SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT, BECAUSE OF THOSE BIDDERS I WILL NO LONGER BE LEAVING FEEDBACK UNTIL I RECEIVE FEEDBACK. FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT TO SELLERS AND BUYERS IN THE EBAY COMMUNITY AS A WAY OF TELLING EVERYONE THAT THE PERSON YOU ARE SELLING TO OR BUYING FROM IS HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY AND NOT A DEADBEAT NONPAYING BIDDER OR SOMEONE TRYING TO COMMIT FRAUD. I THANK THE BUYERS THAT COMPLY WITH MY FEEDBACK POLICY.

I completely disagree with this. As a buyer, once payment is made, I've done my part. Feedback should be posted then....not after the buyer does so. Sellers need to remember who the customers are here......

I've had way too many dealers not leave feedback for me over the last year due to inattention, a "I got mine so I'm cool" mentality, or pure laziness. These are dealers who have lost my business.....

Jim

As someone who is a 95% buyer and 5% seller on ebay, I don't agree. Feedback is supposed to be the person's opinion of the entire transaction. If I am selling a comic book (which I've never done on ebay -- pretty much only hockey tickets), and the buyer pays, then tries to get a "refund" by sending back a different, lower grade copy of the same book claiming that I overgraded the copy that I sent him, I want to have the option of leaving negative feedback for the guy to warn others of what he tried to pull. I have no problem with the notion that a seller should not play "feedback hostage," but the transaction is not necessarily over just because the seller received payment.

*******PLEASE READ FEEDBACK POLICY******* I HAVE SOLD MORE THAN A FEW ITEM'S ON EBAY AND LEFT POSITIVE FEEDBACK AS SOON AS PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED AS SHOULD BE DONE. I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE FEEDBACK FROM THOSE BIDDERS THAT ARE NOW ON MY BLOCK BIDDER/BUYER LIST. IM SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT, BECAUSE OF THOSE BIDDERS I WILL NO LONGER BE LEAVING FEEDBACK UNTIL I RECEIVE FEEDBACK. FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT TO SELLERS AND BUYERS IN THE EBAY COMMUNITY AS A WAY OF TELLING EVERYONE THAT THE PERSON YOU ARE SELLING TO OR BUYING FROM IS HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY AND NOT A DEADBEAT NONPAYING BIDDER OR SOMEONE TRYING TO COMMIT FRAUD. I THANK THE BUYERS THAT COMPLY WITH MY FEEDBACK POLICY.

I completely disagree with this. As a buyer, once payment is made, I've done my part. Feedback should be posted then....not after the buyer does so. Sellers need to remember who the customers are here......

I've had way too many dealers not leave feedback for me over the last year due to inattention, a "I got mine so I'm cool" mentality, or pure laziness. These are dealers who have lost my business.....

Jim

As someone who is a 95% buyer and 5% seller on ebay, I don't agree. Feedback is supposed to be the person's opinion of the entire transaction. If I am selling a comic book (which I've never done on ebay -- pretty much only hockey tickets), and the buyer pays, then tries to get a "refund" by sending back a different, lower grade copy of the same book claiming that I overgraded the copy that I sent him, I want to have the option of leaving negative feedback for the guy to warn others of what he tried to pull. I have no problem with the notion that a seller should not play "feedback hostage," but the transaction is not necessarily over just because the seller received payment.

Then you just follow-up your feedback. And how long should someone wait to complete an entire transaction anyway?

If the buyer pays, then they met their end of bargain and feedback should be given by the seller. Leaving the customer in limbo until the seller decides that the transaction is complete is bad business, period.

I understand your point to an extent but no system is perfect....

Jim

If the buyer pays, then they met their end of bargain and feedback should be given by the seller.

In a perfect world, with perfect, totally honest people, I'd agree.

But these days with scams, Paypal chargebacks, and other low-ball tactics, it doesn't seem that a transaction is finished until the 30-day period is up.

I try and be a nice guy, but these days, you've got to protect your assets as well.

Jim

Then you just follow-up your feedback. And how long should someone wait to complete an entire transaction anyway?

If the buyer pays, then they met their end of bargain and feedback should be given by the seller. Leaving the customer in limbo until the seller decides that the transaction is complete is bad business, period.

I understand your point to an extent but no system is perfect....

Jim

Follow up a positive feedback with a comment? Who actually reads all those, especially if the guy doesn't have any negatives? Thanks, but if I ever sell books on ebay, I'll make sure the customer is satisfied and the transaction is completed before I'll leave feedback.

I understand and appreciate the point the seller is trying to make, but there are much better ways to communicate your policies. I won't/don't bid on items from sellers who have such an openly condescending attitude.

If I want to be berated by a sales person, I'll just go to my local comic shop! insane.gif

I understand and appreciate the point the seller is trying to make, but there are much better ways to communicate your policies. I won't/don't bid on items from sellers who have such an openly condescending attitude.

If I want to be berated by a sales person, I'll just go to my local comic shop! insane.gif

thumbsup2.gif My wife tells me all the time, it's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it...insane.gif

Follow up a positive feedback with a comment? Who actually reads all those, especially if the guy doesn't have any negatives? Thanks, but if I ever sell books on ebay, I'll make sure the customer is satisfied and the transaction is completed before I'll leave feedback.

Read as "I'm going to cover my [!@#%^&^] before giving you what you deserve. Thanks for shopping!"....

Jim

Read as "I'm going to cover my [!@#%^&^] before giving you what you deserve. Thanks for shopping!"....

Jim

So, if you send prompt payment and then try to screw me out of it by demanding a refund after sending back a different book, I OWE you a "positive" feedback with a follow-up negative that actually still looks like a positive, doesn't show up in your numerical score, and that most people will never read once you get 25 more positive feedback comments? No, I don't think so. 893naughty-thumb.gif You get a NEGATIVE and nothing else.

And while we're putting words in each others' mouths, I read your reply as saying, "I'm wrong and I hadn't thought about it from that perspective, yet I am too emotionally invested in my original position to admit it."

makepoint.gif

And while we're putting words in each others' mouths, I read your reply as saying, "I'm wrong and I hadn't thought about it from that perspective, yet I am too emotionally invested in my original position to admit it."

Nah....more like [!@#%^&^] happens. Don't penalize or make others wait until you decide they have met their obligation because of the actions of a few....

Jim

Nah....more like [!@#%^&^] happens. Don't penalize or make others wait until you decide they have met their obligation because of the actions of a few....

Jim

Unfortunately, Jim, there's hardly anyone in this hobby you can trust anymore, and that applies both to dealers and fellow collectors. I don't sell that often, but when I do, I won't leave a feedback until I either get a feedback or confirmation that the item was received in good order. I won't risk someone playing bait-and-switch games or trying to perpetuate mail fraud or using the threat of unwarranted negative feedback to hold me hostage in any way.