• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Our Army at War #83s!
2 2

161 posts in this topic

By the way, Mr.Bedrock taught me everything I know about eye-appeal. He has gentle hands....
:acclaim:

Truly. He is the consummate gentleman. Unfortunately, his graciousness plays havoc on any attempt to memorialize events (or artistic credit) with any definitive accuracy.

Nevertheless, we are too sharp to readily accept his quick dismissal of his overall contributions. We know all too well what a enormous and pivotal role he played in the comic industry, the war genre, the Big Five, AND of course, in Sgt. Rock.

Alright, I just happened into an OAAW 82, so as the disgruntled red headed step-middle child I'm going to throw a tantrum and state that OAAW 82 is Sgt Rocks true first appearance.

"Sgt Rocky" disqualifies 81 and is a clear prototype.

And for every argument that 83 is the first, well 82 trumps it. You have an ornery Sgt Rock leading Easy Co. What else do you want? Its like saying TTA 35 is Antmans first appearance since he didn't have his costume in 27. C'mon.

GIVE ME ATTENTION. I'M BEING IGNORED!!!!!

I'll post pics later today. Its in ebay's completed items list as unsold for $700 if you want a preview.

Yes, it's actually a nice white paged coverless copy with a Fedoraman cover. (thumbs u

Had to be! Looked way too good to be true! Lovely!