• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adios amigos!

264 posts in this topic

No, trust me, it isnt just missing the books i wanted so badly last night or the resub drop. Those played a HUGE part but its more than that. I dont want to air it out there any more than it has been but other STUPID things(that were pretty much 100% my fault) that have happened on here with boardies i respected BIGTIME already had me bummed out a little with the hobby.

It's not a money issue. Not to sound like a bigger than i already do but i think most of you that know me or the books i buy can tell that losing some money on a resub isnt the end of the world for me.

I dont know how to explain it but all the fun of collecting is gone for me right now. I dont do this to flip or make money. I buy books because i LOVE them as much as anyone on here i can guarantee you! My love for these damn books is why i have as many enemies as friends on here. I definitely get too wound up over them and say stupid things to good people.

When it gets to a point though that it no longer fun though, its time to take a step back. Thats where i'm at now. But hey, my other true PASSION, Syracuse basketball has the highest preseason ranking theyve had since my god and the reason i went to Syracuse, Derrick Coleman was a senior. At least i can throw myself into their games and let the dust settle and see how i feel in a couple months.

Oh and my apologies to silver surfer and Mark1! I DEFINITELY should have but forgot to mention you in my initial thank you post (worship)

Take a break. Stop in to say hi every now and then. My feeling is, that you won't be gone long. :wishluck:

No, trust me, it isnt just missing the books i wanted so badly last night or the resub drop. Those played a HUGE part but its more than that. I dont want to air it out there any more than it has been but other STUPID things(that were pretty much 100% my fault) that have happened on here with boardies i respected BIGTIME already had me bummed out a little with the hobby.

It's not a money issue. Not to sound like a bigger than i already do but i think most of you that know me or the books i buy can tell that losing some money on a resub isnt the end of the world for me.

I dont know how to explain it but all the fun of collecting is gone for me right now. I dont do this to flip or make money. I buy books because i LOVE them as much as anyone on here i can guarantee you! My love for these damn books is why i have as many enemies as friends on here. I definitely get too wound up over them and say stupid things to good people.

When it gets to a point though that it no longer fun though, its time to take a step back. Thats where i'm at now. But hey, my other true PASSION, Syracuse basketball has the highest preseason ranking theyve had since my god and the reason i went to Syracuse, Derrick Coleman was a senior. At least i can throw myself into their games and let the dust settle and see how i feel in a couple months.

Oh and my apologies to silver surfer and Mark1! I DEFINITELY should have but forgot to mention you in my initial thank you post (worship)

If you really want to be happy, nobody can stop you. People suck. Get over it and quit being a pansy.

Jason no worries, you will be back, just take a break and come back fresh. From what I have seen over the years the best collections are built with either a ton of money or pure patience over the long haul [usually the latter]. You have a pretty nice collection right now so build on it over time and you will look back at this thread and laugh [so will we :baiting::grin: (thumbs u ]

JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP :D:baiting:

This is probably for the best. If those two things pushed you over the edge, you probably were collecting comics for the wrong reasons IMHO. Everyone here who has submitted has had disappointments. Everyone here who's been involved with auctions has lost out for one reason or another. 2c

Was the crack and resub fail on the Avengers 4 you bought a few months back?

Best wishes on whichever path you take.

^^

Re-read my post for the appropriate procedure. :baiting:

^^

Out of curiosity, what was the before and after?

Higher and lower.

Resubmit it at a con. Results seem to be better from what I've seen lately.

CGC is tightening up after being cuckoo for Coco Puff the last month or two. Resubmit it in six to eight months and see what happens. Dumping it now would be a mistake.

^^

Higher and lower.

that is funny (thumbs u

I think 9.2 was the original grade if my memory is right

Hey Jason,

I hear what you're saying about exiting the hobby. I think you're one of the most passionate, demonstrative board members to ever come on here. I have been on here for a long time, when Hammer made threats du jour on the boards to members. When Sullypython reigned terror on fellow Ebay bidders and Comic Link was a one man operation. let me give you a little perspective.

PM sent (thumbs u

^^

Higher and lower.

that is funny (thumbs u

I think 9.2 was the original grade if my memory is right

And that wasn't good enough? Sheesh! doh!