• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friday night party!

262 posts in this topic

When an 8 year old makes a mistake, you correct him.

When an 8 year old has learned how to be deceptive and manipulative, you correct him fast and hard, or he will quickly be ruined.

Sure, but there effecting are ways to do that without getting the entire village involved.

That was my point.

(thumbs u

What would be the difference if I had posted this in the probation thread? He sold a PGX slab knowingly. Not sure how he could have missed it scanning it (and cropping it), putting it in the box and mailing it out. That doesn't include how he came into posession of the book in the first place.

My intent was not to roast Trey, but he asked for it. When he realised I was not happy he defended the wrong actions of others and how great of a grader he is.

I don't understand your compulsion to defend everyone and everything that happens on these boards. You had no dog in this fight and decided to stick your nose in it anyway.

It's assumed that whomever joins these boards are both physically and intellectually at least 18 years of age. I wholly support leniency for those that have their faculties challenged, but don't come around and telling me that I am being not telling the truth about his past actions. My way of thinking here is either you deal like an adult or don't deal at all. There's plenty of suckers on other auction sites that would benefit from the drama, just don't bring it here. If you think you're going to get away with things on these boards, you are wrong - don't try it.

I don't think I was telling you that you are not being truthful about his past actions.

Let me ask you, if Joey saw that it was a PGX book why didn't he just ask for a refund send it back immediately?

Cracking the book out of the PGX consummates the deal from both ends as far as I'm concerned.

And don't get me wrong, I don't care either way. I just think the pile on was a little too unfair for my tastes.

I just think different people need to be dealt with differently and this situation could have been handled better.

My last post in the thread that didn't stick because it was moved.

I'm not sure where you're coming from, Roy. This is a clear violation of the board rules while knowingly putting for sale a PGX book up for sale without disclosure. The OP has a history of shady and unethical dealings and the piling on from the rest of the forum is due to his attempt to divert the attention from his wrong doing by threatening people. This behavior is intolerable in an adult forum where we run business dealings on a continual basis. So in my book, you are completely missing the point of the discussion we've had. It is not bashing for the sake of it, but rather well deserved reprimand for his actions.

Let's be clear, I'm not defending Trey or his actions. He messed up by breaking the rules and needs to be made aware of them in a way that he will not do it again. I just think that this thread takes it to a level that it doesn't need to.

I know I can frustrate people with my stance but I honestly don't think Trey is a deceptive person. He's just a little more simple, a little less savvy and a little more socially inept than the rest of us and it seems like the vultures are now preying on his weaknesses.

Would you judge your 8 year old the same way you would a 40 year old lawyer if they broke the law?

Come on guys, Trey can get the message without the pile on. He can't handle the pile on and most of you know it...that's what makes it fun for everone. There are better ways to handle this and get the message across than at someone's expense.

(thumbs u

It's assumed that whomever joins these boards are both physically and intellectually at least 18 years of age. I wholly support leniency for those that have their faculties challenged, but don't come around and telling me that I am being not telling the truth about his past actions. My way of thinking here is either you deal like an adult or don't deal at all. There's plenty of suckers on other auction sites that would benefit from the drama, just don't bring it here. If you think you're going to get away with things on these boards, you are wrong - don't try it.

^^

I don't understand your compulsion to defend everyone and everything that happens on these boards. You had no dog in this fight and decided to stick your nose in it anyway.

I also don't understand people's natural compulsion to fight, argue, flame endlessly and see blood at every opportunity.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

Let me ask you, why did you crack the book out instead of just sending it back as soon as you saw it was PGX graded?

I don't think I was telling you that you are not being truthful about his past actions.

Let me ask you, if Joey saw that it was a PGX book why didn't he just ask for a refund send it back immediately?

Cracking the book out of the PGX consummates the deal from both ends as far as I'm concerned.

And don't get me wrong, I don't care either way. I just think the pile on was a little too unfair for my tastes.

I just think different people need to be dealt with differently and this situation could have been handled better.

Joey was just going to place it in a mylar Trey insisted on feedback, and Joey provided it.

When an 8 year old makes a mistake, you correct him.

When an 8 year old has learned how to be deceptive and manipulative, you correct him fast and hard, or he will quickly be ruined.

Sure, but there effecting are ways to do that without getting the entire village involved.

That was my point.

(thumbs u

He is opening the door for the village to walk through as he can't remain silent. His last few posts in the Probation Discussion thread are ludicrous and more than inviting to pour on the abuse.

Now posting in Joey's Feedback thread is even worse form - not even trying to close the door doh!

Joey was just going to place it in a mylar Trey insisted on feedback, and Joey provided it.

Look, I like Joey and I like Trey (and you) but how did the book get into the Mylar?

:whistle:

Let me reiterate my point: If you think you're going to get away with things on these boards, you are wrong - don't try it. Piling on or not, it seems to be the only way to get through to some people who continue to be belligerent when clearly they are at fault. I'm sure your intentions are honorable in trying to defend the indefensible, however there are cases like this where your arguments will NOT stick.

Look, I like Joey and I like Trey (and you) but how did the book get into the Mylar?

:whistle:

Swam? (shrug)

I also don't understand people's natural compulsion to fight, argue, flame endlessly and see blood at every opportunity.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

Let me ask you, why did you crack the book out instead of just sending it back as soon as you saw it was PGX graded?

It was not worth the hassle at that point. I cracked it out. read it, relived some childhood memories and placed it in a mylite II and fullback (from the hotflips boys) and chalked it up to experience. I had zero intention of bringing anything up. I has been many days since it arrived, and if i wanted to I could have done this immediately upon receipt or anytime up till tonight.

Trey wanted positive feedback. I was not going to provide it. He could have said anything to make what he had to perceive was a bad situation better. He chose to defend himself. Then he chose to drag other board members down with him. Then he chose to post an entire PM.

The way I look at it he lit the fuse on this one.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

It was not worth the hassle at that point. I cracked it out. read it, relived some childhood memories and placed it in a mylite II and fullback (from the hotflips boys) and chalked it up to experience. I had zero intention of bringing anything up. I has been many days since it arrived, and if i wanted to I could have done this immediately upon receipt or anytime up till tonight.

Trey wanted positive feedback. I was not going to provide it. He could have said anything to make what he had to perceive was a bad situation better. He chose to defend himself. Then he chose to drag other board members down with him. Then he chose to post an entire PM.

Perhaps you should have kept quiet, swept it under the rug and let someone else also fall victim to this type of bait-and-switch-esque selling technique. At least that's what it sounds like to me is being suggested.

I officially nominated Mr. Trey for probation. I can't believe he actually went and slammed you in your Kudos thread joey.

What is the over/under on Trey getting his vacation time from these boards? Likely to not happen until Monday?

Also I see exactly where joey is coming from when it comes to cracking this out of the PGX slab. He never intended to demand a refund for it but Trey decided to push for positive feedback for an assine transaction and wouldn't man up that he tried to hide the fact this was in a PGX slab. I am sure if joey wanted a refund to begin with the book would have stayed in the slab.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

Perhaps you should have kept quite, swept it under the rug and let someone else also fall victim to this type of bait-and-switch-esque selling technique. At least that's what it sounds like to me is being suggested.

I know see the wisdom in blowing the whistle immediately. Even if this was kept private in a PM between Trey and I I would have had a moral obligation to every other board member to at least post in the probation thread.

I will do that moving forward from this point.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

Perhaps you should have kept quiet, swept it under the rug and let someone else also fall victim to this type of bait-and-switch-esque selling technique. At least that's what it sounds like to me is being suggested.

Not at all. What he should have done is called Trey out as soon as he received the book, NOT cracked it out and sent it back.

That would have been the "right" thing to do.

I agree with what Watson said earlier in the thread that was pulled: you shouldn't have cracked it out.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

Perhaps you should have kept quite, swept it under the rug and let someone else also fall victim to this type of bait-and-switch-esque selling technique. At least that's what it sounds like to me is being suggested.

I know see the wisdom in blowing the whistle immediately. Even if this was kept private in a PM between Trey and I I would have had a moral obligation to every other board member to at least post in the probation thread.

I will do that moving forward from this point.

My dude, we suck at spelling.