• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Action 1 8.0 on census

26 posts in this topic

Maybe this is one of the ones Mitch was alluding to. hm

I actually ended up having a brief exchange with the Hollywood Reporter writer about his article last week and asked him where he got that particular bit of info. He didn't get back to me on that point, but I don't think he got it from Mitch. He did follow up on a few points on the Action 1 9.0 that nobody else in the mainstream news bothered with, so I also don't think he pulled it out of thin air. I'll keep my unsubstantiated hunch to myself, but another nice one showing up in the wake of all this would be slightly interesting. hm

Maybe this is one of the ones Mitch was alluding to. hm

I actually ended up having a brief exchange with the Hollywood Reporter writer about his article last week and asked him where he got that particular bit of info. He didn't get back to me on that point, but I don't think he got it from Mitch. He did follow up on a few points on the Action 1 9.0 that nobody else in the mainstream news bothered with, so I also don't think he pulled it out of thin air. I'll keep my unsubstantiated hunch to myself, but another nice one showing up in the wake of all this would be slightly interesting. hm

You're talking about this tidbit?:

Experts believe only about five others, all in private hands, are of comparable quality to this copy.

That seems far too vague to be anything other than filler. Anonymous "experts," using qualifiers like "about" and "comparable." Can't read any significance into that.

Not my copy, but there are some smart people who know, when to sell and there are more than one of them, lets leave it at that. The 8.0 owner knows that after the 9.0 sells and if it is a record, the CGC count is going to change, smart guy.

Not my copy, but there are some smart people who know, when to sell and there are more than one of them, lets leave it at that. The 8.0 owner knows that after the 9.0 sells and if it is a record, the CGC count is going to change, smart guy.

Don't get this reasoning at all. The 8.0 was a record. So was the 8.5. Not sure why a 9.0 record would have any more effect than past records.

The most likely reason to CGC the comic is because the seller feels now is a good time to sell (e.g. we're at the top of the market or he needs money). Possibly might also do so for insurance reasons or to lock in a page quality assessment.

But, I'm having trouble reconciling the notion that there are "smart people who know, when to sell" comments with the other hype on this thread.

Translation: the 8.0 owner is bidding on the 9.0 book and will be consigning it to CC in the near future? Not sure why every 2nd comment from Mitch has to be veiled in mystery. :whatev:

If that's the case, CC isn't yet aware of it.

That seems far too vague to be anything other than filler. Anonymous "experts," using qualifiers like "about" and "comparable." Can't read any significance into that.

Maybe. But everything else in the article is sourced, though he ended up transmogrifying some details about what Stephen said about the theft. And based on my exchange with him, nothing else in the article is pulled out of thin air.

You're right, though. Might not be significant.

I wonder how nice it is hm

I read that Heritage has just uncovered a new Original Owner collection with a bunch of GA keys in it including an Action #1.

I wonder if this is the new 8.0?

I read that Heritage has just uncovered a new Original Owner collection with a bunch of GA keys in it including an Action #1.

Well, if this ture, then is a very bad time to be making this type of announcement. Especially considering that the auction for the 9.0 Action #1 is only a couple of days away.

If this is going to be another HG copy, than I wouldn't bother bidding if the price on the 9.0 goes too high knowing that there is another possible HG copy just arouind the corner.

Well, if this ture, then is a very bad time to be making this type of announcement. Especially considering that the auction for the 9.0 Action #1 is only a couple of days away.

If this is going to be another HG copy, than I wouldn't bother bidding if the price on the 9.0 goes too high knowing that there is another possible HG copy just arouind the corner.

People looking for the best aren't swayed much by the appearance of 3rd best copies. Of course, the Church copy is going to be better but of what copies are generally known it's not going to be easy to find a better copy.

I wonder how nice it is hm

I wonder if this is the new 8.0?

Here is the article for those who have yet to see it.

scan0012.jpg