• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

I saw the "Amityville Horror" the other night (IMO - scariest movie ever!)

Scariest part - the priest standing in the room of the house...the door closes and he cant breath.... all of a sudden a voice shouts: "Get out!" 893whatthe.gif

True spine tingler!! thumbsup2.gif

The scene in "The Exorcist" when the Priest is coming up the escalator (out of the subway) and the demon's face flashes on the screen for just a split second.

I've still never seen that movie.

I've seen Amityville Horror twice. Last time was probably 15 years ago or more. Scared the hell out of me.

But the scariest movie I ever saw was Halloween. I saw it on TV back around 1981 or so when my parents were out and my siblings and I were with the babysitter. That movie [!@#%^&^] me up for months.

The scene in "The Exorcist" when the Priest is coming up the escalator (out of the subway) and the demon's face flashes on the screen for just a split second.

I've still never seen that movie.

I've seen Amityville Horror twice. Last time was probably 15 years ago or more. Scared the hell out of me.

But the scariest movie I ever saw was Halloween. I saw it on TV back around 1981 or so when my parents were out and my siblings and I were with the babysitter. That movie [!@#%^&^] me up for months.

Halloween is a good one. And, "Alien" is the scariest movie I've ever seen ( saw it when I was 8 and had the same reaction you did to Halloween).

But, that scene from "The Exorcist" is really creepy. The first time I saw it, it really freaked me out. You should definately rent it. One of the classic Horror movies.

jaws scared the [!@#%^&^] out of me. now it's one of my all-time favs. although the scenes with the shark are scary, i thought the part where dreyfuss was diving to look at a boat and he finds the tooth imbedded in the hole in the boat and the bloated body falls out of the hole was the scariest part purely from a "oh shee-ite" point of view.

Top three.....two of them Old School

1. The moment in THE INNOCENTS (based on The Turn of the Screw) when Deborah Kerr stares out across the swamp in broad daylight and sees the figure of the dead governess staring back at her. (MAN that was scary!)

2. The original HAUNTING (now on DVD) when Julia Harris realizes she was holding a hand in the dark and it was NOT Claire Bloom's hand. Close second is the door of the library bending in. Props to you Shiver.

3. Alien - when the face hugger leaps out of it's egg and attaches itself to John Hurt's face.

Honorary mention goes to Roman Polanski who directed Repulsion and The Tenant. Both filled with truely creepy moments.

- The original Halloween... saw it at a motel in Crescent City, CA, when I was about 13... my bro and I got our own motel room, separate from the parental units... we found the film airing on HBO or some early pay-per-view, and agreed to stay up late and watch it. 10 minutes into it, when the little kid version of Michael Meyers has just finished off his sister, I look over and my brother's asleep...! Tried to stay up and watch the rest, but got too scared and turned it off...then spent a couple of hours figuring out how I'd escape out a window when Michael Meyers burst through the door, as he inevitably would, and started attacking my brother...

- The original Night of the Living Dead...saw it at age 8 when the folks left us alone with a babysitter on a Sat. night and it aired on Creature Features... couldn't stop watching, couldn't sleep for days...

- When Jaws first came out, saw it at the theater and spent literally several months convinced the shark was gonna come get me in my bed, even though we lived 1/2 mile from the ocean...

- The original "The Thing," with James Arness... he's comin' down the dimly lit hallway and the remaining survivors are getting ready to jump him, then the lights go out altogether... you know he's there, but not exactly where, or even what, he is...

- The scene in The Shining when Jack's son first encounters the moldy tub woman... cripes!

- The original Alien, when the damned thing shoots outta John Hurt's chest...! Apparently, they didn't even tell the other actors exactly what was gonna happen, so that scene is more or less improv...

The list goes on...

Oh, and I am a big fan of the Exorcist.....I happen to like the setup when father Karras is out at the dig and unearths the figurine of Pazuzu or whatever the hell it's name is, and then ends up on a mound staring out at a large figure while the dogs fight in the foreground. It doesn't get any more atmospheric than that!

Any movie you wont see a second time because they either scared you to much or weirded you out beyond anything?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original version)...i will not see that again, Leather face was just a little to insane for me! insane.gif