• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Black Friday deals?

48 posts in this topic

Good luck getting the TV, people are already lining up for that and there will only be ten per store. The one time I went to black Friday I showed up at 10pm and the line was already around the store. The tickets are handed to the first few people in line who then try to sell the tickets for a few hundred dollars making the deal not so great.

A few years ago TFAW had an awesome Cyber Monday deal where I bought two Marvel HC's for a dollar each. Elementals and Dark Tower. I wish I could find a deal like that every year

What is Black Friday? Best we have in Vancouver, BC is the big HMV store downtown closing so most overstocked dvd's, cd's (remember those?), posters, t-shirts and rock n roll books (not graphic novels) are 60% off original retail price. Boxed complete set of Sopranos dvd's were 75% off the list price of $300, and sold out. :pullhair:

Maybe this guy will give a break on his collection :o

http://houston.craigslist.org/clt/2674602740.html

List continues call tp set up Appt. Must have proof of Funds & will meet again at Bank w/Armed Security for both of are protection. Comics stored in Climate Controlled Metal Safe. In storage need 1 day notice. Also can do PAy-PAl. Thanx DAn 713-256-6780

What is Black Friday? Best we have in Vancouver, BC is the big HMV store downtown closing so most overstocked dvd's, cd's (remember those?), posters, t-shirts and rock n roll books (not graphic novels) are 60% off original retail price. Boxed complete set of Sopranos dvd's were 75% off the list price of $300, and sold out. :pullhair:
Do you have boxing day? It's kind of the same thing but bigger. It's become an annual riot where a few people are trampled to death over a TV or digital camera

Ask and ye shall receive.

All of the above having been said, I decided to immediately put into effect a 60% off BLACKFRIDAY on all of our back issue comics

I placed an order with him this afternoon. ^^

Thinking of placing an order. :shy:

anyone find anything good out there yet? comic or otherwise?

Things From Another World is having an 80 percent off sale,but the site is getting hammered.

Barnes and Noble in store or online have a couple of 30 percent off codes

E7U4N9X

C9Y8K3H

I picked up the Thor Walt Simonson Omnibus for under $49 using one of those codes. :cloud9:

Okay, here's all the stuff I bought today.

Mister X Archives HC

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection vol. 1 variant edition (not from TFAW or on sale though)

Grendel Archives HC

Akira Club

The Art Of Usagi Yojimbo

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Sin City: Booze, Broads, And Bullets

Sin City: To He'll And Back

Sin City: The Big Fat Kill

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures vol. 1

Wolverine by Claremont and Miller (HC I think?)

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

And two tin bar signs from Sin City.

They also had one of those classic comics statues by Dark Horse of Cutter from Elfquest for $10 but I don't like buying a lot of toys and stuff, no place to put them. I was tempted though :)

Stores weren't too crowded here but the traffic was bad. I really really hate it when ^&**^%$# drive into an intersection when there isn't enough room to and when the signal changes the other side can't go. :frustrated:

Do you have boxing day? It's kind of the same thing but bigger. It's become an annual riot where a few people are trampled to death over a TV or digital camera

Yeah we have boxing day. I heard about the craziness of black Friday's. We have deals that day to why...I don't know. People were buying our 42 inch RCA TVs. A lot of people go mad that day.

I got the 23 inch LG Flatron IPS236 Monitor. Just incredible. Best Buy had them at $179.99 (Normaly at $249.99). They had all their PC Monitors on and lined up in one area and this puppy killed them all in terms of picture quality. Even the fancy 27-30 inchers for $300-$450 couldn't hold a candle... If your looking for a monitor for under $200 you won't get a better one than this, unless you are a shoplifter. It's probably too late for Black Friday weekend, but keep an eye out for post Christmas sales.