• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Best Sci Fi Movie

128 posts in this topic

Not sure A Clockwork Orange qualifies as sci-fi as such - it's more your dystopian vision of the future, as well as the blackest of black comedies. It's also one of my favourite films.

Incredible Shrinking Man's another classic, but I already mentioned the similarly themed Day the Earth Stood Still.

Zardoz has got to be seen at least once. Very odd, very '70s film.

Anyone remember the name of the SciFi movie that had 3 small waddling robots and they were named Huey Dewey and Louie? In the end, one of the robots survived and floated out in space in a greenhouse keeping watch over a garden???

I LOVED that movie, but never can remember the name of it...It was a 70's movie.

Anyone remember the name of the SciFi movie that had 3 small waddling robots and they were named Huey Dewey and Louie? In the end, one of the robots survived and floated out in space in a greenhouse keeping watch over a garden???

I LOVED that movie, but never can remember the name of it...It was a 70's movie.

Twas the excellent Silent Running. I've not seen that film in years.....is it out on DVD??

That would be Silent Running

A all time classic.

With Bruce Dern

I love that movie for many reasons.

One of them is that I saw it at the theatre with my Dad when I was a wee lad.

It did not have the sizzle and pop of a Star Wars movie, but it to me is what makes a true Science Fiction movie great.

Deep space, and how it affects humans.

In no particular order:

• Star Wars
  • The Matrix
  • Blade Runner
  • Gattaca (somewhat boring pace, but it was one of the most immediately relevant sci-fi films to explore a social issue which will likely hit mankind over the next few decades...VERY timely sci-fi film)
  • Aliens
  • John Carpenter's The Thing

(in no particular order)

Star Wars

Empire Strikes Back (less the ewoks)

Return of the Jedi

Logan's Run

Aliens

Predator

Alien Resurrection (only caused I worked on it)

Last Starfighter

Tron (who doesn't)

Black Hole

Mad Max (sci-fi?)

Clockwork Orange (sci-fi?)

Fifth Element

My favorite "B" movie from the 50's-early 60's? is "The Fiend Without A Face"

Invisible creatures suck out the brain and spinal cord of their victims and later become visible. The end sequence has THE best blood-spattering brain scenes in a pre 80's movie! I still have a hard time believing that most of those scenes didn't get edited out.

My favorite "B" movie from the 50's-early 60's? is "The Fiend Without A Face"

Invisible creatures suck out the brain and spinal cord of their victims and later become visible. The end sequence has THE best blood-spattering brain scenes in a pre 80's movie! I still have a hard time believing that most of those scenes didn't get edited out.

Cool--it's on my "to rent" list thumbsup2.gif

In no particular order:

• Star Wars
  • The Matrix
  • Blade Runner
  • Gattaca (somewhat boring pace, but it was one of the most immediately relevant sci-fi films to explore a social issue which will likely hit mankind over the next few decades...VERY timely sci-fi film)
  • Aliens
  • John Carpenter's The Thing

we have the same taste in movies, thumbsup2.gif but i'd pick empire over star wars. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

we have the same taste in movies, thumbsup2.gif but i'd pick empire over star wars. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yea, me too...I just sorta meant the whole series of films. Within the saga, it's 1) Empire 2) Star Wars 3) Clones 4) Jedi 5) Menace

Yea, me too...I just sorta meant the whole series of films. Within the saga, it's 1) Empire 2) Star Wars 3) Clones 4) Jedi 5) Menace

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Clones over Jedi????893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif are you mad????893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif