• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Best Sci Fi Movie

128 posts in this topic

I can't believe no one has mentioned "Starship Troopers" or "Robocop" or "Total Recall" yet! Paul Verhoeven is a terrific Sci-Fi guy... minus "Hollow Man," of course. insane.gif

Man who can forget the three boob girlie in Total Recall!!

Makes me wish I had three hands! grin.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

or three tongue.gif! grin.gif

There's so many more I could list such as the old AIP Films I used to watch on Chiller Theatre out of New York in the 60's !!!! Wonderful Memories!!!

cloud9.gifGreat Thread!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Channel 13 out of Rockford, IL had a similar thing on weekends. I remember seeing all of the Creature from the Black Lagoon movies (why I really like this issue:

) and a host of other grade B, C, D, Z movies.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Are you from Rockford? My girlfriend is from Rockford (Guilford H.S. 88 grad) and her parents still live there.

I used to watch on Chiller Theatre out of New York in the 60's !!!! Wonderful Memories!!!

In Boston in the 50's and early 60's I used to watch Creature Feature, Creature Double Feature and Phantasmic Features, which was hosted by this aluminum foil puppet with an echo-voice named Feep. Feep used to start them off with his "Hello there-ere-ere-ere-ere. This is Feep-eep-eep-eep-eep."

Lots of the 50's stuff was shown - my most memorable being ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS (which starred, amoung others, the Pofessor from Gilligan's Island - Russell Johnson 893applaud-thumb.gif)

I liked Starship Troopers.....alot. Perfect summer popcorn movie.

Robocop was OK at the time......I see it now though and I cringe.

I never liked Total Recall.... tongue.gif

Jim

Jim

No blue shirt, you only like one of my sci-fi movies... you trying to tell me something, Awe??? stooges.gif

Jim

No blue shirt, you only like one of my sci-fi movies... you trying to tell me something, Awe??? stooges.gif

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I did say I liked ST though..... smirk.gif

Jim

Jim

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I did say I liked ST though..... smirk.gif

Jim

These crackers are making me thirsty.

Hrmm...

On the Verhooven movies.

Robo Cop..

I agree . ok at the time. but if he was all metal everywhere, why leave his jaw exposed?.. just asking for a bullet to slice it open for him.

Starship troopers was a hoot.

What was the line.. "The only good bug, is a dead bug."

The social stuff was not bad actually

The whole part of the movie where they watched the TV/Internet.

And the ladies voice would ask

"Would you like to know more?"

But all in all it was a super silly space opera gore fest..with Doogie Howser as the brain man.. 27_laughing.gif

I loved it.

Total Recall.. saw this the day it came out, loved it, but now I watch it and cant help but poke it full of holes.

How Arnuhld.. pulled out the HUGE round transmitter out of his nose, and it didnt tear his nose to shreads.

I cant help but laugh now when "quatroo" tell Arnold to " Open your mind.. OOpppeeennn yourrrrr Miiiiihhhhhnnnnnddddd"

27_laughing.gif

How there is a total lack of govornment presence on Mars.

How Mars atmosphere created enough air for them to breath in 3 minutes..

Oh yeah....

Oh well I know its a movie..

And Pov was it a recall dreamm? do tell.

And then I might believe they left Quaid on Earth instead of just killing him.