• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Best Sci Fi Movie

128 posts in this topic

Flash Gordon = awsesome scenery and backdrops along with Queen music throughout made this movie , for me, one of the most memorable sci-fi movies.

You know? I lobbied a year or so ago to get Flash ::ahhhhAHHHHHH - he's a MIRACLE!:: grin.gif put on a comic book movie poll.

That movie is just plain FUN. You are spot on. Amazing sets. Music by Queen was just - well - just. smile.gif

Hard to really find a flaw in that film. It didn't take itself seriously, but at the same time kept true to the spirit. I rank it amoung my favorite films. thumbsup2.gif

(in no particular order)

Star Wars

Empire Strikes Back (less the ewoks)

Return of the Jedi

Logan's Run

Aliens

Predator

Alien Resurrection (only caused I worked on it)

Last Starfighter

Tron (who doesn't)

Black Hole

Mad Max (sci-fi?)

Clockwork Orange (sci-fi?)

Fifth Element

Empire less the Ewoks? What were they doing building snowmen?

Hint: they we in the jungle dude.

less the Ewoks = take them out of the movie.

How Lucas ever thought cute Teddy Bears belonged in a science fiction movie is beyond me. Many other creatures could have been used in their place. Just my opinion but not needed.

ehhh - howwww thick is the air in your computer room?

I guess I'm going to have to spell it out for you...

Ewoks were not in Empire. They were in the third installment, last time I checked.

I was just making a funnie about Ewoks on Hoth!

Take another hit of crack... you'll catch on in a minute. foreheadslap.gif

(in no particular order)

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Logan's Run

Aliens

Predator

Last Starfighter

Tron (who doesn't)

Black Hole

Mad Max (sci-fi?)

Fifth Element

Empire less the Ewoks? What were they doing building snowmen?

Hint: they we in the jungle dude.

less the Ewoks = take them out of the movie.

How Lucas ever thought cute Teddy Bears belonged in a science fiction movie is beyond me. Many other creatures could have been used in their place. Just my opinion but not needed.

ehhh - howwww thick is the air in your computer room?

I guess I'm going to have to spell it out for you...

Ewoks were not in Empire. They were in the third installment, last time I checked.

I was just making a funnie about Ewoks on Hoth!

Take another hit of crack... you'll catch on in a minute. foreheadslap.gif

that just goes to prove how badly I don't like them. I tend to block out all of their existence. They could have been in Star Trek and I would have blocked them out.

Flash Gordon = awsesome scenery and backdrops along with Queen music throughout made this movie , for me, one of the most memorable sci-fi movies.

You know? I lobbied a year or so ago to get Flash ::ahhhhAHHHHHH - he's a MIRACLE!:: grin.gif put on a comic book movie poll.

That movie is just plain FUN. You are spot on. Amazing sets. Music by Queen was just - well - just. smile.gif

Hard to really find a flaw in that film. It didn't take itself seriously, but at the same time kept true to the spirit. I rank it amoung my favorite films. thumbsup2.gif

One of the scenes that made me sweat was the woodsmen challege

where the duelers would stick there hands down a alien/scorpion's nest

and see would would get stung to death first.

Fun eh?

flash gordon, quaterback....new york jets. acclaim.gif

I have to break this out into pre-code (old) and "post-code (new) - many more than listed but will seek some of each, in no special order:

Pre-Code

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD

FORBIDDEN PLANET

IT CONQUERED THE WORLD

THE INVISIBLE RAY

THE WEREWOLF (sci-fi take on a horror genre)

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE

Post-Code

THE FIFTH ELEMENT

ALIEN

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

THE ADVENTURES OF BUCKAROO BANZAI ACROSS THE 8TH DIMENSION

THE THING (Carpenter's)

FANSTASTIC PLANET

BLADE RUNNER

Definitely more than these but an ok list I think! smile.gif

Hey, the Ewoks were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then Jar-Jar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know what the heck Lucas was thinking with that gangly-goof!! makepoint.gif

(in no particular order)

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Logan's Run

Aliens

Predator

Last Starfighter

Tron (who doesn't)

Black Hole

Mad Max (sci-fi?)

Fifth Element

Star Wars isn't sci-fi. 893naughty-thumb.gif

(in no particular order)

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Logan's Run

Aliens

Predator

Last Starfighter

Tron (who doesn't)

Black Hole

Mad Max (sci-fi?)

Fifth Element

sorry.gif

(in no particular order)

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Logan's Run

Aliens

Predator

Last Starfighter

Tron (who doesn't)

Black Hole

Mad Max (sci-fi?)

Fifth Element

confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Besides what would these boards be if we actually followed the thread topic. Utter chaos I tell you.

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

that was Utter Chaos, not MajorKhaos.

great another idea for a shill ID in the works foreheadslap.gif

Star Wars isn't sci-fi.

I have to hear this! (and if you even THINK of bringing up FANTASY I will do unspeakable things!) 893naughty-thumb.gif

PS - it is Wednseday - have you watched any?

It's FANTASY. Anyone with half a brain knows that sci-fi is BASED in science. Star Wars is not.

The End.

PS- I just got home a few minutes ago... so tired... but I will watch the Invisible Man before the night is out! wink.gif

Yeah, I almost forgot FANTASTIC PLANET! Great animated movie!

Two other animated ones that are cool are "Rock & Rule" & "Akira"!

I saw FANTASTIC PLANET on its first release in Cambridge, MA. I liked it so much I bought the soundtrack. In those days it really WAS a "record album".

I confes to having problems with AKIRA but it has been some years so maybe time to try again (I find films I used to not like I may now enjoy). Unfaniliar with ROCK & RULE - must investigate!

Along the AKIRA line I really enjoyed THE GHOST IN THE SHELL.

Besides what would these boards be if we actually followed the thread topic. Utter chaos I tell you.

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

that was Utter Chaos, not MajorKhaos.

great another idea for a shill ID in the works foreheadslap.gif

And what of "Udder Khaos"?!?!? He'd be like Krypto or Streaky... only a cow! Great idea, 'Lok!

we have the same taste in movies, thumbsup2.gif but i'd pick empire over star wars. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yea, me too...I just sorta meant the whole series of films. Within the saga, it's 1) Empire 2) Star Wars 3) Clones 4) Jedi 5) Menace

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Clones over Jedi????893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif are you mad????893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Clones was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I would go:

Empire

Star Wars

Jedi

Menace

Clones

Star Wars isn't sci-fi.

I have to hear this! (and if you even THINK of bringing up FANTASY I will do unspeakable things!) 893naughty-thumb.gif

PS - it is Wednseday - have you watched any?

It's FANTASY. Anyone with half a brain knows that sci-fi is BASED in science. Star Wars is not.

The End.

PS- I just got home a few minutes ago... so tired... but I will watch the Invisible Man before the night is out! wink.gif

Technically, it is a Space Opera. But it contains BOTH Sci-Fi and Science Fantasy elements and can fit in both genres - so don't go telling people it is pure Science Fantasy - you got that?