• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my house got broken into today...

75 posts in this topic

Experienced burglars will usually use one of your pillow cases to put their booty in. Makes it easy to carry a lot of small stuff. :(

Sounds like a neighbor or two, since you have dogs in there and were gone so short of a time. Neighbors will know if your dogs bark at strangers or bite. Plus neighbors know what you drive and who lives there, and when you leave together. Strangers would not know if all of you are gone, and be unsure to enter with dogs there.

Unless a stranger just got lucky and the dogs ignored him/them.

But my guess is neighbor/s. Sadly.

:o this makes a lot of sense

Experienced burglars will usually use one of your pillow cases to put their booty in. Makes it easy to carry a lot of small stuff. :(

Sounds like a neighbor or two, since you have dogs in there and were gone so short of a time. Neighbors will know if your dogs bark at strangers or bite. Plus neighbors know what you drive and who lives there, and when you leave together. Strangers would not know if all of you are gone, and be unsure to enter with dogs there.

Unless a stranger just got lucky and the dogs ignored him/them.

:o this makes a lot of sense

The thought crossed my mind...another house on the other side of the sump was broken into as well...they were able to take a fingerprint off one of the jewelry boxes but it may be one of ours...we'll have to wait and see...

They did take a pillow case...not sure if I mentioned that earlier...

Detectives seemed to think it was a professional job...I just hope they don't come back...scary stuff...

I'm very, very sorry to hear this.   :(:( I know what you must be going through, having experienced it myself.

I just listed two very nice signed, limited prints by Adam Hughes and Brian Bolland in your sales thread.

Everyone take a look and see if anything catches your eye.

Once BigHulkFan confirms he's been paid I will ship them anywhere in the US for Free.

I just listed two very nice signed, limited prints by Adam Hughes and Brian Bolland in your sales thread.

Everyone take a look and see if anything catches your eye.

Once BigHulkFan confirms he's been paid I will ship them anywhere in the US for Free.

:foryou:

Sorry. :sorry: I remember taking care of our neighbors house when they were out of town and when I went in I noticed something was not right. Things were thrown all over the place and all of the picture albums were open which was real scary to me. Why they would want pictures I don't know. Even though it wasn't my house I felt violated.

It's not about the pictures. People hide money in different places, photo albums I'm sure being one of them

I kepy hearing noise next door today and looked out to see a strange car parked in my neighbor's numbered spot. I kept an eye out..I am not the neighborhood Gladys Kravitts but I am fairly curious and knowing my neighbors pretty well I knew it wasn't anyone that visits them..and it being a time of day when my neighbor is at work..I wrote down the license number and make and model.

Never found out who it was..but then my neighbor didn't recognize the make or car either when I told her about it..he house was fine nothing stolen etc or messed with.

I hate freaking theives..loathe them..and figured better safe than sorry getting the car info "just in case"

Just horrible rotton theives

I hope they catch your theives soon..or maybe they will find your stuff..

fingers crossed..

Yeah +1 and chock in stinking looters..

You know what really sucks..if they find say jewelry or other items ..that has been sold by the theives in a pawn shop..most of the time the police will just let you know and then you have to UNPAWN your own carp.

I lost a bass guitar,marshall amp, and entertainment center and the best they would do is give me the pawn tickets..which I could not afford to redeem since the thief also cleaned out my cash stash..

sucks..people who steal a lot of time say "Oh whatver they had a nice house and probably have insurance" that really won't ever get your sense of security back..and insurance doesn't cover everything..

I really really dislike theives..

Good friends of mine had their house burgled a couple months ago. They are almost positive it was the neighbors a couple houses down, whom they often see loitering around, and who would know best of their comings and goings. But they can't prove anything.