• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my house got broken into today...

75 posts in this topic

I left for about an hour early afternoon to take my mother to the doctor. We were gone for less than 1 hour and when I opened the front door, the 3 dogs I have were not there to greet me. I went into the bedroom (they like to sleep on the bed when we're not there), and saw my wifes jewelry box and a lock box that belonged to my mother tossed and all over the place. I immediately ran to the living room, grabbed my mother and went to the neighbors house...did not know if the people that broke in were still there.

It's a terrible feeling of violation that you get when people break into your house and take the belongings you worked so hard for. I lost my wedding band, the watches my wife and I gave each other for our wedding gifts along with all mine and my wifes jewelry. They took all my 9 year olds jewelry as well as my 10 year olds IPOD touch and his wallet with $13.00 in it. My mother (who lives upstairs) had all her jewelry stolen along with her sisters jewelry that she had just brought over from Ireland to sell for her, she's still going through everything to see what's missing. All our cash along with my mothers cash is gone.

So far we've accounted for about $20,000 woth of missing items/electronics/cash and the list just keeps getting bigger...

Luckily, nobody was home to get hurt. I have 3 dogs (now named useless, useless, and useless...lol) that are all OK, so I am thankful for that. They came through the sump in the backyard, broke through the back door and let the dogs out into the backyard. They ransacked the house and were gone within the hour.

Had to explain to the kids what happened as their stuff was missing and my son, was very upset...that's the worst part, seeing him crying when I told him his wallet was stolen :sorry:.

A few weeks ago my wife was in an accident and the car was totalled, luckily she is OK, and now this...what a run of bad luck... :sorry:

It appears they did not take any comics/collectibles, as everything appears to be where I left it, although I have to inventory everything so that's good at least...

I had started to sell off some stuff as we needed money for a new car, but I'll be listing a bunch of stuff for sale as some of our Christmas $$ was taken as well...

Thanks for letting me vent :foryou:

I feel for you - we got robbed when I was a kid, and it was a creepy, violating feeling that I didn't really understand until I got older. Beef up the house security for some peace of mind, and hang in there.

so sorry to hear that.. I've not had it happen to me, but my next door neighbour was burgled last year and that gave me the creeps, put me on edge for a while..so I can't imagine what you are going through..all sorts including anger most probably..that sux..sorry dude.

My wifes aunt and uncles house was just broken into last week. Week before that it was two different families at church. This is getting out of hand. The ease of selling "scrap" gold ( as the thieves just cut up your precious jewelry to make it impossible to identify) has made burglary into a cash cow, and mostly they don't have to show id to get paid. And if they get caught, they will most likely get a slap on the wrist.

Really glad to hear that everything else is ok ( especially your dogs ).

Do the kids still have their Christmas presents or did the rats get them too? Maybe some neighbors saw something check with all them. Please keep us posted.

No Christmas presents stolen...haven't started shopping yet, but just took out some cash a few days ago to go shopping with...they took that... :mad:

Horrible news. :(

If keys are missing, change your locks. (Make sure your cars' spare sets of keys weren't taken as well.)

If your son wouldn't mind a used iPod touch, I'd be happy to provide a replacement.

Hopefully your homeowner's insurance will cover the lot of stolen items. Did you file your claim already?

p.s. so what type of dogs do you own there?

Have not filed the claim yet...still looking to see what's missing...

I have 3 dogs, 2 mutts and a pitbull...the pit is just a puppy...I actually got him because I thought he'd be a good guard dog meh

Horrible news. :(

If keys are missing, change your locks. (Make sure your cars' spare sets of keys weren't taken as well.)

If your son wouldn't mind a used iPod touch, I'd be happy to provide a replacement.

We checked for keys...all accounted for...looks like they just took what they could move quickly...

Thanks for the offer on the iPod...I'll let you know (thumbs u

Thank you very much for the offer :foryou: