• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my house got broken into today...

75 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. :foryou: Hopefully the insurance company kicks something back to you. :wishluck:

Andy

Spoke to them today...does not look too good...they only cover jewelery for something like 2K...we had significantly more than that taken. :sorry:

The insurance adjuster will be by Monday...I'll keep you all posted

BigHulkFan,

Sorry to hear about the break-in. My old house had been broken into in the past and its not always the items that are stolen that hits you, for us it was that someone had violated our home, our space. That can be a bigger hurdle to over come in the coming days, week, and months.

I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Waylander

sorry to hear. but i'm positive it's someone in your neighborhood.

we got that problem but make it flats, 3 have been burgled in last 2 weeks, we all know who it is as they also live in 1 of the flats, just police found no evidence even though they were seen by a neighbour trying to break in, we luckily move out in a weeks time to a security supervised area but its breaking my heart and always worried for my girl and child

So I spent the day going to local pawn shops/jewerly shops and only 1 or 2 seemed really interested in helping out...very disappointing :sorry:

Some of them were downright shady saying sorry but we don't want to get involved...we gave each a list and pics if we had them of the more unique items that were taken...not hopeful after the visits today...AND the insurance company never called either :mad:

But...these boards are incredible and I would like to thank everyone that purchased or donated in my sales thread. This place is amazing and I don't know what I would do without you all :foryou:

From my family to all of you: Thank you :foryou:

Bill, very sorry to hear about this (especially after the car wreck and with the holidays coming up). As was mentioned above, the important thing is that you and your family (including the three dogs) are safe.

We were burglarized when I was a kid, and I'll never forget the sense of violation. I have some expertise in the field, so here are a few points which may help.

Rest assured that the same thieves very rarely ever return to the same home (they've already taken what they wanted, and typically a victim boosts security afterwards, so it's not worth the risk to the criminals - and they know it).

The rare exception would be somene in your immediate neighborhood who feels comfortable enough to do it again.

Burglars often do like to "work" the same area, so if there is something like a Neighborhood Watch Program setup anywhere close to your home, make sure to let them know.

I'd recommend staying in contact with the Police, especially if you had serial numbers for any of the stolen electronics; it's very possible something will turn up sooner or later.

Contacting neighbors (up and down and around the block) personally can also be productive - it puts people on alert and one never knows what a neighbor might have seen. And if a neighbor was indeeed responsible for the crime, your showing up at their door will make them uneasy about doing it again.

I sincerely hope that the crime gets solved, and please keep us updated.

STEVE

Still waiting on the insurance company...they have all the info now waiting on what, if anything we'll get...

For everyone that bought books in my sales thread, I will be hopefully :wishluck: getting everything shipped out by tomorrow. Any questions, shoot me a PM and thanks for all the support and warm wishes. My family and I are overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone here :foryou:

Still waiting on the insurance company...they have all the info now waiting on what, if anything we'll get...

For everyone that bought books in my sales thread, I will be hopefully :wishluck: getting everything shipped out by tomorrow. Any questions, shoot me a PM and thanks for all the support and warm wishes. My family and I are overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone here :foryou:

BigHulkFan,

I wish you and your family all the best.

Merry X-mas and I hope the New Year is kind to you. (thumbs u

Prayerfully the insurance will take care of you guys!

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!