• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping irritations

74 posts in this topic

And all the problems people like to belittle or ignore will be following right behind.

I understand the rant, but let's face the facts. There will always be dead beat sellers and buyers. Some people take pride in their reputation, others can care less. Short of throwing these people under the bus every time this issue occurs, the problem will always exist. I personally make it a point to ship anything I sell by the next day, two days at the latest. If you make it a point to pay quickly, you deserve to get your product quickly.

Unfortunately, most of the new population this world keeps spitting out lacks respect, pride, and decency. In this day and age, common sense should be taught in every grade level of school, as most kids these days don't seem to grasp the concept. I'm not saying it's limited to just the new generations, since they had to come from someone's gene pool lol

And all the problems people like to belittle or ignore will be following right behind.

I understand the rant, but let's face the facts. There will always be dead beat sellers and buyers. Some people take pride in their reputation, others can care less. Short of throwing these people under the bus every time this issue occurs, the problem will always exist. I personally make it a point to ship anything I sell by the next day, two days at the latest. If you make it a point to pay quickly, you deserve to get your product quickly.

Unfortunately, most of the new population this world keeps spitting out lacks respect, pride, and decency. In this day and age, common sense should be taught in every grade level of school, as most kids these days don't seem to grasp the concept. I'm not saying it's limited to just the new generations, since they had to come from someone's gene pool lol

Hey, it looks like you and bomber-bob get it. Threads like this really smoke out the people who care about their customers and who don't by how they respond to it.

Hey, it looks like you and bomber-bob get it. Threads like this really smoke out the people who care about their customers and who don't by how they respond to it.

I'm involved in management and sales for the company I work for, and if there's anything I've learned in my industry it's one bad transaction is enough to lose a customer. I've worked for other companies with salesmen who do the very things you originally posted, although in another context, but the end result was the same. Bad reputation spread by the upset customer, and... loss of business. :makepoint: It's amazing how many people don't take pride in their work, yet everyone thinks they deserve the big bucks (shrug)

Ya know, I'm done buying from any sellers that I have not bought from before, There are maybe two or three on here that I have had a good experience from. I am dealing with another seller giving me the run around about shipping what I bought. I can understand if you and seller make arrangements if making payment in a few days or in shipping a week or so, but when they put you through this kind of wringer -

11/28/11 - ok, thank you very much. the books will be goin out tomorrow morning.

12/02/11 - The books will be going out tomorrow. Sorry its taken longer than i said it would. I've been busy at work and gotten off after the post office is closed everyday this week. But i will message you as soon as i get back from the post office with the confirmation. Thanks.

12/05/11 - The books will be going out tomorrow. Sorry its taken longer than i said it would. I've been busy at work and gotten off after the post office is closed everyday this week. But i will message you as soon as i get back from the post office with the confirmation. Thanks.

12/12/11 - Hey booster, Im very very sorry for the wait and lack of cmmunication. Its not like me to just leave people in the blue and for that i apologize. Things on my end of the world have been very hectic these past couple weeks and i hate that you had to suffer for it. I know how frusturating it is to be waiting for books youve already paid for and i apologize for that also. The books are in the mail now though. Heres the DC#:

Now I'll have to see if this really happens.

On top of this this seller ran a 16 page sales thread on 12/4

I know that some people look at this as nothing, as someone being picky, or an annoyance to even bring it up, but some people do find it annoying.

There are a lot of people selling on these threads to make extra money and some because they have to over some financial difficulty, but when things like this happens it turns off buyers. I don't know, I'm just hoping that some people get the point.

Aside from debating whether this complaint is worthy of a thread, I do agree with the booster man that getting the run around on shipping can be very irritating. I always ask the seller to tell me when they are shipping. To ask and be told a date multiple times without action, IMO, is not acceptable and I will not buy from again.

I agree. Booster brings up a good point. Seller may not land on the probation

thread as the item ultimately arrives within a month of purchase but they are

still letting down the buyer by failing to ship on time and making excuses.

Sellers wouldn't be happy if the buyer kept promising payment and failed to

come through.

Eventhough I have only had positive experiences purchasing from the boards, I'm very sympathetic to how you must feel. That being said, I had to fix this line quoted from above:

Ya know, I'm done buying from any sellers that I have not bought from before,

:foryou:

Ya know, I'm done buying from any sellers that I have not bought from before, There are maybe two or three on here that I have had a good experience from. I am dealing with another seller giving me the run around about shipping what I bought. I can understand if you and seller make arrangements if making payment in a few days or in shipping a week or so, but when they put you through this kind of wringer -

11/28/11 - ok, thank you very much. the books will be goin out tomorrow morning.

12/02/11 - The books will be going out tomorrow. Sorry its taken longer than i said it would. I've been busy at work and gotten off after the post office is closed everyday this week. But i will message you as soon as i get back from the post office with the confirmation. Thanks.

12/05/11 - The books will be going out tomorrow. Sorry its taken longer than i said it would. I've been busy at work and gotten off after the post office is closed everyday this week. But i will message you as soon as i get back from the post office with the confirmation. Thanks.

12/12/11 - Hey booster, Im very very sorry for the wait and lack of cmmunication. Its not like me to just leave people in the blue and for that i apologize. Things on my end of the world have been very hectic these past couple weeks and i hate that you had to suffer for it. I know how frusturating it is to be waiting for books youve already paid for and i apologize for that also. The books are in the mail now though. Heres the DC#:

Now I'll have to see if this really happens.

On top of this this seller ran a 16 page sales thread on 12/4

I know that some people look at this as nothing, as someone being picky, or an annoyance to even bring it up, but some people do find it annoying.

There are a lot of people selling on these threads to make extra money and some because they have to over some financial difficulty, but when things like this happens it turns off buyers. I don't know, I'm just hoping that some people get the point.

Word of advice Booster. Anyone who uses a lower case i in a sentence is iffy.

Also had great experiences with other board members in both getting books quickly and in shipping them books quickly. Even the couple times a slab has been cracked the board members have taken care of getting it reslabbed personally.

Sorry you are getting jacked around booster.