• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age- Have you seen it?!?

6 posts in this topic

One of the things that really apeals to me about Golden Age comics is that sometimes it's not just finding a nice copy of a particular issue, it's finding any copy. The thrill of the hunt is way cool... thumbsup2.gif

I'm now on 2 years looking for a copy of Headline Comics #21 (9-10/46, Prize). I have nice copies of 16-20, (the rest of the Atomic Man run) but I've yet to encounter a single copy of #21 anywhere. Stores, conventions, Ebay, online dealers... Someone please confirm to me that this book exists...

Anyone have a similar Golden Age experience? How long do you look before you give up?

I have a similar issue with Barnyard Comics. I can fortunately find some copies, but they are almost always G-F condition with nothing higher. I have been looking for VF or better copies of all but 3 issues in the run for a year and a half.

I bought some raw copies about two years ago of 3 issue and they graded out nicely, but I haven't been able to add to the run. 893frustrated.gif

Headline Comics #21 is listed in the Photo Journal as having a scarcity index of 5 which means there should be somewhere between 200 and 1000 still existing. If it's in the 200 range then it would make sense that it is excedingly hard to find.

Ironically, I have 11 copies of # 21...! I'm afraid, however, that CGC has inspired me to undertake a new sort of quest: a complete "grade increment run" of Headline Comics # 21, a copy in each CGC grade. I'm still missing issues in .5, 2.0, 5.5, 6.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.6, 9.9 and 10.0

Oh, and now I apparently need a 9.5 893frustrated.gif

I think I'll go start a thread titled "10 more to go"

...if anyone has the book in any of the above grades, PM me - I guarantee I'll pay you more than Douglas (dmgscr)!! devil.gif

Ironically, I have 11 copies of # 21...! I'm afraid, however, that CGC has inspired me to undertake a new sort of quest: a complete "grade increment run" of Headline Comics # 21, a copy in each CGC grade. I'm still missing issues in .5, 2.0, 5.5, 6.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.6, 9.9 and 10.0

Oh, and now I apparently need a 9.5 893frustrated.gif

I think I'll go start a thread titled "10 more to go"

...if anyone has the book in any of the above grades, PM me - I guarantee I'll pay you more than Douglas (dmgscr)!! devil.gif

That's it garth... It's on!

No really, it's ON!

Meet me at the corner of...

(okay, just kidding...)

stooges.gif