• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A good place to buy MODERN CGC?

46 posts in this topic

In my experience, Ebay is priced about 30% above value for CGC books ... but of course, it depends on seller and conditions. I've personally found these boards to be the very best resource for acquisition of all ages (modern, copper, bronze ...etc) ...

The dealers here are top notch and easy to work with. Just remember, they need to make some money too...

If you want to get new comics that are coming out cgc I would just PM BeachBum & ask him about it :) I use him all the time

BeachBum solicts orders for 9.8 CGC Moderns, correct? Basically taking over for smortsen?

(shrug) no clue about anything you are talking about if you have any questions about or for beachbum I suggest you simply pm him & ask :) all I know is I trust the guy & give em my cash all the time (shrug)lol

If you want to get new comics that are coming out cgc I would just PM BeachBum & ask him about it :) I use him all the time

BeachBum solicts orders for 9.8 CGC Moderns, correct? Basically taking over for smortsen?

(shrug) no clue about anything you are talking about if you have any questions about or for beachbum I suggest you simply pm him & ask :) all I know is I trust the guy & give em my cash all the time (shrug)lol

You have been here in Moderns all this time and you don't know who Steve Mortensen is? :roflmao:

Yup. He quit a while back. It's why I added the link(not really spamming ;) ), but he started a lot of speculation on Modern CGC'd books. He had a great column in Comics Buyer Guide too.
Thanx for telling me :mad:

Yup. He quit a while back. It's why I added the link(not really spamming ;) ), but he started a lot of speculation on Modern CGC'd books. He had a great column in Comics Buyer Guide too.

He still has a column in the Buyers guide, his business name is Miracle Comics.

He still has a column in the Buyers guide, his business name is Miracle Comics.

He still sells, at least on Ebay. I just googled "miracle comics mortensen" but couldn't find a website for him only a Facebook page. I've bought a few things from over the last couple of years and always had a pleasant experience.

I agree with synch. Beachbum is the man! I've been using him for years and have bought hundreds of books through him. IMO, he's the best guy for graded moderns.

K.

www.colossuscomics.com

The "Grandfather of 9.8 CGC Subscriptions"

(worship)

Looks like they are out of business.

In hindsight buying those pre-release 9.8s was a big waste of money IMHO. All of the books I bought at $50 or so a pop from them could be had for about $20 or so weeks after their release. The market was just flooded with 9.8s of the books COLOSSUS comics sold.

Nothing against them. Great idea and service, but it just wasn't a wise investment on the consumer's end. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt that way. 2c