• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Robinson tribute thread

31 posts in this topic

As you may have heard by now, Jerry has passed away....RIP. :(

Post your tribute SS...

20udhkj.jpg

My facebook status this morning:

To Jerry Robinson:

Through your creations, you've allowed us to create. From your visions we've learned to truly see. From you inpiration we've not feared to take our craft into uncharted waters. Good luck, Jer. See you in the next one... laughing all the way.

Sincerely,

James Matthew Slay III

I cannot tell you how deeply saddened I am today at the news of Jerry Robinson's passing. I've met a lot of creators over the years and there none have had as much heart and integrity as Jerry Robinson had. He was the true ambassador for comics.

Jerry's support, suggestions and encouragement in the formation of the Joe Shuster Awards in 2004/5 is something that we owe a lot to at the Canadian Comic Book Creator Awards Association. Without Jerry Robinson's assistance there probably would not be a Joe Shuster Awards, and in turn, the success of the launch of the Shuster Awards would not have inspired him to create the Bill Finger Award at the Eisner Awards.

Kevin

jerry.jpg

http://joeshusterawards.com/2011/12/08/jerry-robinson-1922-2011/

It's so sad to hear of Mr Robinson's passing. He was a true giant in comics, just imagine he worked Batman number 1 and co-created the Joker. On a personal note, he and his wife were just darling. He was such a gentleman. A class act all around. My wife and I enjoyed every moment spent talking with Mr. Robinson, and he was so generous with his time and knowledge. He will be greatly missed.

118664.jpg.ccb23234dac541e35fea50421c3f2a6a.jpg

My friend's books--he said I could post them in the tribute thread

All book are Jerry Robinson's File Copy (signed on the first page)

Batman #3

24d1vs1.jpg

Batman# 4

142ec0n.jpg

Batman# 14

2ag5ht4.jpg

Also I got to meet Mr. Robinson at the Big Apple con last spring had Mike Lilly work some sketches around his signature. It was a pleasure meeting him :cloud9:

fxuukj.jpg

RIP Jerry Robinson. :sorry:

As a small tribute to Jerry, here are a few of my favorite Jerry Robinson SS books. He has one of the best signatures IMHO.

I especially like the Batman #11. My thanks go out to MutantKeys for getting this sweet signature on this gorgeous book.

batman11cgc25wpss.jpg

batman37cgc40owtwpss.jpg

batman251cgc92wpss.jpg

I wish I could have found a Decent Tec 69 in the 3.0-4.5 range for him to sign but the one's I saw were either higher or lower. I had him sign a 69 but due to over hang it couldn't be encapsulated. I think ti was around a 2.0, I did have him sign a Tec 71 that is out there somewhere. I think was a 3.0 or 2.5.