• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northstar Collection

158 posts in this topic

Definitely tighter grades. I noticed on the Oregons that the grades were tighter or "well graded" as well.

Books look stunning. Heritage is really killing it with "collections".

Honestly, Josh had better get it in gear... since the Rocky Mountains, there hasn't been a new "collection" unveiled there that I can remember -- of significance. Both Heritage and Comic Connect are zooming ahead.

They actually look like true 9.6 and 9.8's, not like some of the krap we have seen of late. I can see that #4 becoming the first 9.8, bidding should be insane on these.

The #5 looks incredible. Very fresh looking.

They actually look like true 9.6 and 9.8's, not like some of the krap we have seen of late. I can see that #4 becoming the first 9.8, bidding should be insane on these.

The #5 looks incredible. Very fresh looking.

50k(+) ??

Definitely tighter grades. I noticed on the Oregons that the grades were tighter or "well graded" as well.

Books look stunning. Heritage is really killing it with "collections".

Honestly, Josh had better get it in gear... since the Rocky Mountains, there hasn't been a new "collection" unveiled there that I can remember -- of significance. Both Heritage and Comic Connect are zooming ahead.

The other knock with Comiclink is they don't have extended bidding like the other auction houses - this can shut out a lot of money for them (and seller) and I think it deters some sellers from submitting their books at times because the best "price" is not always reached, at times it's usually the buyer with the best sniping ability!

Extended bidding time creates an open chance for everyone. I also think it gives a buyer time to gather their thoughts and maybe go above what they initially thought they would spend in order to obtain the book. It's a win-win for buyer and seller. The Oregon collection at ComicConnect saw crazy prices being reached during extended bidding periods, I am sure many buyers were happy to get a second or third chance to bid even though they originally had a maximum number in their head.

When you're dealing with 9.6 and 9.8 books worth tens of thousands of dollars, bidders should be given some time to think through the transaction. Heritage does a good job in marketing their QUALITY collections every auction - their bidding system (like CConnect and Pedigree) gives the deep pockets collectors time to engage in some massive bidding wars and that's why we see some of these prices come out of their auctions.

Hey Bob --

Would love to join you or Brian or others to see these books in person...alas, I can't swim in that pool and will have to hope that whoever buys these FF's will toss out some undercopies for me to buy... :wishluck:

Really nice books.

Dan

Depending on when the auction is, I may be up for a road trip to buy a book or two. Most of the best of these are well out of my range of what I can pay for a single book. That said, really nice stuff. Hopefully there are a few affordable ones.