• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Defenders 1

23 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance guys! Just got this from Mr. Storms.... Just curious if he undergraded the thing? So I noticed the back has the paper waves that seem to be endemic on this issue... how do those "waves" affect grade? They are pretty bad on the back....

front_large.jpg

back_large.jpg

front_medium.jpg

Thanks!

Those waves I believe you are referring to are a manufacturing defect called

a Printers Crease. Normally they have none to very little affect on a grade.

It depends how intrusive they are and more importantly how you feel about them

and having a book like that in your collection.

9.0 sounds right to me!!

Thanks for helping a brotha out Robothec! Printers crease... knowing is half the battle! I love this book... the creases dont bother me at all. Do you guys think a pressing could push this book into a 9.2? Probably wouldnt make financial sense... just wonderin...

Do you guys think a pressing could push this book into a 9.2? Probably wouldnt make financial sense... just wonderin...

Those two spine creases are what makes the book a 9.0.

Pressing will not remove those two color breaking spine creases.

Do you guys think a pressing could push this book into a 9.2? Probably wouldnt make financial sense... just wonderin...

Those two spine creases are what makes the book a 9.0.

Pressing will not remove those two color breaking spine creases.

Makes sense..... thanks blow up the moon!

I have seen recent 9.4's with more spine damage than this book.

I would say 9.2. While pressing won't get ride of the color breaks on the spine it would help with the corners and get out any waves or mild indents.

I would say 9.2. While pressing won't get ride of the color breaks on the spine it would help with the corners and get out any waves or mild indents.

+1

Yeah...although you could probably get those back cover creases out..I think all it would do is solidify it as a 9.0..and prevent a potential 8.5... creases that break color cannot be pressed out grasshopper :)

Thanks.... im realizing that now! Never pressed anything, find it interesting... hm

+1

Really? Man if I thought this book could get a 9.4 I might submit the thing.....

back_large.jpg

IMHO, the tanning to the BC will keep it out of the Nines . . . 8.5 tops :sumo:

One big problem I had with this book... its creamy, that was somthing I was a little disapointed with... I normally dont mind mild creamy, but this almost looks tan.. Im thinking microchamber soon when I store it longterm.