• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 3.5 has been stolen

72 posts in this topic

I live in the province of Quebec in Canada. The book was in transit via Montreal to be shipped to the US (CT) when it mysteriously dissapeared. Canada Post do not have any trace of it nor Fedex. It was shipping via a CanadaPost/Fedex partnership product called Worldwide Priority.

I shipped hundreds of items ti the US during the past 3 years and never lost anything. Curiously, it happened to a $6,000 book!@?$

Now, it is highly possible that I will never be reimbursed for it due to some insurances technicalities. Well that's life...but that's a big chunk of my portfolio.

Thanks for your support, guys!

Dom

Not really, because the only tracking scan indicates when it has been picked-up by CanadaPost and then...nothing. Usually, you have at least one other scan indicating a release to Fedex. CanadaPost does not know where the book could be nor Fedex. Usually it would have been released to Fedex Tuesday December 6.

Hi guys, If you could keep an eye open that would be very appreciated. I am located in Canada but it could be anywhere at the moment. It happened last week. Thanks! Dom

Post a larger scan if you have one. I assume you are sending out pictures and your story to all dealers, comic shops and other interested parties so if the comic shows up, they can match the identifying creases and other marks unique to your copy (if it is removed from the holder). This will make even a long-term attempt to resell it difficult for the thief. As somebody said, it sounds like it was stolen by an employee of one of the delivery companies. Pathetic. I hope that person gets karmic retribution times three, but real-life justice would be even better.

Not really, because the only tracking scan indicates when it has been picked-up by CanadaPost and then...nothing. Usually, you have at least one other scan indicating a release to Fedex. CanadaPost does not know where the book could be nor Fedex. Usually it would have been released to Fedex Tuesday December 6.

It must be possible that someone missed scanning the item and it is in the system untracked. Don't give up hope.

It must be possible that someone missed scanning the item and it is in the system untracked. Don't give up hope.

+1

Around the holidays with this level of volume in the mail anything is possible. Give it some more time and see if it shakes loose.

+1

Around the holidays with this level of volume in the mail anything is possible. Give it some more time and see if it shakes loose.

I hope you're correct guys! Usually this is a 2-day service and should have been delivered on December 7th. It does not look good. I reimbursed the buyer so I am $6,000 in the red. :frustrated:

Good luck there, and I hope you have contacted as many of the offices of the carriers as possible.

You need to be in touch with the final office where the parcel would leave to go to the recipient. You want to hear from them that it has been located, don't rely on the recipient.