• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 3.5 has been stolen

72 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, it cannot make its way to customs without being handled by Fedex first and then Fedex bring it to customs and then it is released by the customs for delivery.

The way it is right now, the book simply disapeared from everybody's radar, zap!

Dom

It has been insured but a little technical error happened when my relatives filled out the paperwork.

On the way bill the value is reflected as $599.99 instead of $5,999.99. However, I have all the necessary Paypal receipts showing that the book was sold, paid for and reimbursed to the buyer (with its name and mailing address matching the way bill) for $5,999.99. I have the e-mail exchange with the buyer confirming the tracking number and mentioning the guaranteed delivery date via Fedex, the book's scans...everything.

I just hope that Fedex/CanadaPost that screw up big time on this one will take the right decision.

Dom

It has been insured but a little technical error happened when my relatives filled out the paperwork.

On the way bill the value is reflected as $599.99 instead of $5,999.99. However, I have all the necessary Paypal receipts showing that the book was sold, paid for and reimbursed to the buyer (with its name and mailing address matching the way bill) for $5,999.99. I have the e-mail exchange with the buyer confirming the tracking number and mentioning the guaranteed delivery date via Fedex, the book's scans...everything.

I just hope that Fedex/CanadaPost that screw up big time on this one will take the right decision.

Dom

unfortunately if you only paid for 599.99 of insurance, that is all you will be entitled too...regardless...

however, seems a bit premature to have refunded....as some have mentioned, the box might have just been misplaced locally, and still to be found...what did the tracer turn up? it can almost suredly be pinpointed whom might have had opp to take, etc...not to mention security cameras, etc... I would push this, and push this hard!

Fedex told me they have to keep my file open for 10 business days before it can go to their claim department.

I can't believe they will not consider my case with all the proof I have. Anyways, I am still hoping that I will be refunded or better, they will find the book.

I really don't know what else I can do at this point. Go in the media with my story?

Post the tracking details, would be curious to see where the trail went cold.

Lots of books lost, stolen, etc lately, I sent 2 packages media mail Nov 30th (with del conf) and no signs of them... (shrug)

Fedex told me they have to keep my file open for 10 business days before it can go to their claim department. I can't believe they will not consider my case with all the proof I have. Anyways, I am still hoping that I will be refunded or better, they will find the book. I really don't know what else I can do at this point. Go in the media with my story?

Document everything. Call the police and find out the jurisdiction. Definitely file a full police report if possible. Contact the management of every company at every step of the way and file reports/claims/complaints with each of them. Don't just call them, write letters as well, complete with all relevant documentaiton. If nothing is resolved, by all means send your story to any news media that might be interested. And of course send a scan and all relevant details to all the dealers and other comics buyers/sellers (and sites) that might come into contact with your valuable comic book.

Dom

from personal experience, I can tell you that you likely have zero chance of an insurance payout greater than what you paid to insure for...

sad to hear, but something that important, should have been properly insured...that also might have changed fedex's handling of the book (or not, I don't know), but the fault, unfortunately, will fall to you for not insuring properly

in my case, I made the same error, only it cost me 4x more than it has cost you :sorry:

Sorry to hear this Krusty. Hope the book shows up and is just misdirected. Often times, they do show up and may be back to you. :wishluck: From my experience, at least in the USA, registered shipping is ideal if you are shipping high dollar items and don't want to pay out the high insurance value. Anytime a registered package is lost, they will do a major investigation. I believe CGC ships most of their books to their members by registered mail.

Rick I am really sorry to hear that you've lost so much. That's a big chunk of dough.

Back to my story...

Guys it has been FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

It is an incredible story!!

CanadaPost does not have any trace of the book in their system other than the day it was handled to them on Dcember 5th. Fedex does not have any trace of the book in their system and USPS does not have any trace as well, but...

I got an e-mail from the buyer (which I refunded on December 9th) saying that he got the book yesterday!!!!!! He told me the post office has no idea how the package came to them. Isn't amazing!!

Santa Claus exists guys!!! :banana:

The buyer should send me back the money in a couple of days. What an honnest guy!!

I am so happy you cannot imagine!!! :whee:

Dom