• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supreme power a must have?!

57 posts in this topic

When the hell is the next issue out though? This is the first time its been late...

I'm enjoying it as well and the funny thing is, the story is SOOOOO slow that I don't even miss it being late. For me at the comic store, it's more like, "Oh, it's out this week? Cool." I go home and read it within a couple of days and since there's not a whole lot that happens each issue, I manage not to forget the storyline.

Not really a must read...but it is a good read. Just wait and buy Oldguys copies when he's done with them. grin.gif I bought issues 1-6 off ebay in one lot at a fair price.

It does seem like the storyline is moving slow...but blink and years will have gone by in two pages or whole countries conquered in one page.

This book SUCKS. It is GARBAGE. If it were a movie, you all would turn it off; but because someone has convinced the comic-buying public that it is somehow "high art", everyone forgives the flaws.

When was the last time something, I don't know, happened??? We have Hyperion, the most detestable, flat, dull, undeveloped character in the history of modern literature, and a few other characters that haven't ACTUALLY interacted with each other through the first six issues of the run...

sleeping.gif

It's [!@#%^&^]. Don't believe the hype. Wizard IS wrong from time-to-time. Hell, they even said the first Squadron Supreme mini was a "classic"... and it sucked too.

This book SUCKS. It is GARBAGE. If it were a movie, you all would turn it off; but because someone has convinced the comic-buying public that it is somehow "high art", everyone forgives the flaws.

When was the last time something, I don't know, happened??? We have Hyperion, the most detestable, flat, dull, undeveloped character in the history of modern literature, and a few other characters that haven't ACTUALLY interacted with each other through the first six issues of the run...

sleeping.gif

It's [!@#%^&^]. Don't believe the hype. Wizard IS wrong from time-to-time. Hell, they even said the first Squadron Supreme mini was a "classic"... and it sucked too.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and my opinion is: you are wrong. gossip.gif

sleeping.gif

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Um, I dont read wizard and I dont really hang with the "comic-buying public" (at least those who are into the latest modern hype), and somehow I still find enough redeeming value in the book for it to be my favorite title.

I just stumbled on this book when it first came out and have bought every issue since. This may be a superhero book but it is adult oriented and plot driven. doesnt blow up on every page, but the impact is much greater when it actually does. Issues 8 and 9 absolutely kicked [!@#%^&^]. Just because you dont have enough patience for books with actual character development doesnt mean they "suck."

sleeping.gif

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Um, I dont read wizard and I dont really hang with the "comic-buying public" (at least those who are into the latest modern hype), and somehow I still find enough redeeming value in the book for it to be my favorite title.

I just stumbled on this book when it first came out and have bought every issue since. This may be a superhero book but it is adult oriented and plot driven. doesnt blow up on every page, but the impact is much greater when it actually does. Issues 8 and 9 absolutely kicked [!@#%^&^]. Just because you dont have enough patience for books with actual character development doesnt mean they "suck."

"Character development"? 27_laughing.gif Try reading a real book, then we can talk about "character development." The static storytelling in Supreme Power is not good writing. It's just not. confused-smiley-013.gif

"Character development"? 27_laughing.gif Try reading a real book, then we can talk about "character development." The static storytelling in Supreme Power is not good writing. It's just not. confused-smiley-013.gif

893blahblah.gif

The storytelling is done very well, and those with an attention span longer than 10 seconds will appreciate it... sumo.gif

What's a "real book" that I should read? My current favorites, other than Supreme Power, are Y, 100 Bullets, Conan, Powers, and the new Swamp Thing.

What am I missing that will school me on the art of character development and intelligent comic writing? Seriously, if you know of some books that will change my perspective and make me realize that Supreme Power is utter [!@#%^&^], let me know what they are. Otherwise, STFU.

makepoint.gif

What's a "real book" that I should read? My current favorites, other than Supreme Power, are Y, 100 Bullets, Conan, Powers, and the new Swamp Thing.

What am I missing that will school me on the art of character development and intelligent comic writing? Seriously, if you know of some books that will change my perspective and make me realize that Supreme Power is utter [!@#%^&^], let me know what they are. Otherwise, STFU.

makepoint.gif

Astro City

makepoint.gif

Astro City

sorry.gif

Actually, is Astro City still coming out? I read the first couple volumes. Didnt realize it's still being published.

I didnt mean to imply that I read every single decent book on the market. Just responding to Khaos' "real books" BS.

makepoint.gif

Astro City

sorry.gif

Actually, is Astro City still coming out? I read the first couple volumes. Didnt realize it's still being published.

I didnt mean to imply that I read every single decent book on the market. Just responding to Khaos' "real books" BS.

It still comes out but on a bi monthly basis I think!

makepoint.gif

Try Fables. thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif

Those are all excellent selections... apparently, by the time you reach the "S'es" in the Marvel section your brain just strokes out.

"Supreme Power" sucks. Welcome to reality. We're, what, 9 issues in and we're still waiting for SOMETHING to happen?

This book is a Bendis book with words. Nothing happens for YEARS at a stretch and then... NOTHING HAPPENS. Nothing ever happens. It's just people standing around talking. There's no "real" conflict (all we've got is what's going on in Hyperion's head sleeping.gif ), there's no emotional investment in any of the characters, and the dialogue is weaker than OJ's alibi.

makepoint.gif

Those are all excellent selections... apparently, by the time you reach the "S'es" in the Marvel section your brain just strokes out.

"Supreme Power" sucks. Welcome to reality. We're, what, 9 issues in and we're still waiting for SOMETHING to happen?

This book is a Bendis book with words. Nothing happens for YEARS at a stretch and then... NOTHING HAPPENS. Nothing ever happens. It's just people standing around talking. There's no "real" conflict (all we've got is what's going on in Hyperion's head sleeping.gif ), there's no emotional investment in any of the characters, and the dialogue is weaker than OJ's alibi.

That is complete and total BS. You have clearly forgotten the most important scene in the whole series -- when Hyperion's fake dad bangs Hyperion's fake mom in the hallway closet. (Or was it the kitchen?) I don't remember because it was so damn long ago, but SOMETHING did HAPPEN.