• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I got to meet someone pretty high ranking today

72 posts in this topic

President Obama payed a visit to Fort Bragg today to speak with us about the end of the Iraq war and to thank to the troops for their service. I got to shake hands with him and his Mrs. Obama, who behind the scenes does a ton of work with military families. She was classy as always.

obamabragg2.jpg

obamabragg.jpg

I managed to snap 3 really good pictures of the President, here's one of them. I was THIS close to picking up a Spider-man Obama variant for him to sign. But then I thought there's no way I can get that lucky. As it turns out I would have been able to get the ultimate signature! I was positioned right near the rail and he was signing autographs. :(

OBAMA.jpg

Regardless of personal politics, I think it's cool to meet or see in person any President of the United States. That's awesome!

+1. I don't think he is doing a bang up job, but I respect him because he is our President, and it is cool as hell to see him in person.

President Bush spoke at my commencement in 1992, but I was never within 200 yards of him.

Regardless of personal politics, I think it's cool to meet or see in person any President of the United States. That's awesome!

+1. I don't think he is doing a bang up job, but I respect him because he is our President, and it is cool as hell to see him in person.

President Bush spoke at my commencement in 1992, but I was never within 200 yards of him.

Did he do the Yale joke?

Did he do the Yale joke?

I couldn't tell you a single word he said. I could barely stand from the night before.

I wasn't a fan whatsoever of GWB, but I got to see him thanks to my boss getting on a VIP list. And it was cool to see him in person (I was about 40 feet away from him) just because he's the leader of the free world. I can't imagine being as close as USArmyParatrooper, let alone having a picture with him. That's wicked.

I most likely saw you on CNN today since you were so close to him.

My mother was watching and says she saw me s bunch of times.

She must be proud. I liked the part when he talked about the troups being a hero. The reply he received was something like this (badly paraphrasing), I am no hero I am a Paratrooper.

Yeah. Congrats on meeting the Pres. That would have been cool to see.

I most likely saw you on CNN today since you were so close to him.

My mother was watching and says she saw me s bunch of times.

She must be proud. I liked the part when he talked about the troups being a hero. The reply he received was something like this (badly paraphrasing), I am no hero I am a Paratrooper.

The quote was "I'm not a hero. A hero is a sandwich, I'm at paratrooper."