• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Simon

73 posts in this topic

Joe Simon was amazing. He was one of the greatest men I have ever met and looked up to in my entire life. He told us so many stories, he was always so sincere, kind, honest and funny..............

I am sitting here terribly upset. I don't know how to grieve right now........there are alot of great stories to share from knowing him.........alot of great experiences and memories I will never forget.......

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the Signature Series Program and the fellow collectors like myself who wanted this hero's autograph and submitted books with me and gave me a reason to hang out with Joe a few times a year........Thank you.......you have no idea how much it meant to me to be able to do what we did.

I have never been so upset by a creator passing as this. I guess right now I will spend the rest of the day honoring Joe.........step 1 was sitting down and writing something, anything.....here with you all because this is the place that can understand how I feel right now better than most of my real life family and friends......I guess step 2 is to go out for the rest of the day and to be a great American and to look at the world like a glass that is half full rather than half empty....... Because that is what Joe would want.........I think I am going to go buy a cigar......Damn what a hero that guy is................

IMG_4447.JPG

Thank you for everything Joe. Rest in Peace. You will be greatly missed.

It is with heavy hearts and heartfelt tears that Sharon and I say good bye to our dear friend Joe Simon. Joe has left us now to once again join his wife Harriet as well as long time partner and close friend Jack Kirby. Sharon and I were very blessed to have had the chance to become friends with Joe and we considered him a part of our family. One of our fondest memories was that we were fortunate enough to have spent Joe's last three birthday's with him in his apartment celebrating. I know that Joe's real family including Lori and Jimmy will miss their dad as we will and we wish them the very best in this difficult time. Please join us in thanking Joe for everything he has done for us.

We love you Joe. Chandler & Sharon.

Saddened to learn that Joe has passed, and shocked to learn that EDUARDO BARRETO has also passed.

Oh No! What? What a kind and friendly gentleman Eduardo was. This is too much.

Joe Simon was amazing. He was one of the greatest men I have ever met and looked up to in my entire life. He told us so many stories, he was always so sincere, kind, honest and funny..............

I am sitting here terribly upset. I don't know how to grieve right now........there are alot of great stories to share from knowing him.........alot of great experiences and memories I will never forget.......

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the Signature Series Program and the fellow collectors like myself who wanted this hero's autograph and submitted books with me and gave me a reason to hang out with Joe a few times a year........Thank you.......you have no idea how much it meant to me to be able to do what we did.

I have never been so upset by a creator passing as this. I guess right now I will spend the rest of the day honoring Joe.........step 1 was sitting down and writing something, anything.....here with you all because this is the place that can understand how I feel right now better than most of my real life family and friends......I guess step 2 is to go out for the rest of the day and to be a great American and to look at the world like a glass that is half full rather than half empty....... Because that is what Joe would want.........I think I am going to go buy a cigar......Damn what a hero that guy is................

IMG_4447.JPG

Thank you for everything Joe. Rest in Peace. You will be greatly missed.

Very well said Sean :angel:

NYComics- I feel for you. And understand your heart ache....

I can't say RIP to Joe. As I am sure he will be working hard to create the next batch of miracle characters for us in the world beyond.

Best I can say is that I am looking forward to reading what he is going to write for us!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belong to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again. Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause. Who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."