• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Use Snipe Software When Bidding on eBay?

Do You Use Snipe Software When Bidding on eBay?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use Snipe Software When Bidding on eBay?

79 posts in this topic

No, I don't use a software to snip, but I've noticed that it's increasingly difficult to make multiple last second bids on multiple items from a seller(s) who's auctions all end at the same time. Fortunately, there aren't a lot of sellers who set up their auctions to end at exactly the same time.

No, I don't use a software to snip, but I've noticed that it's increasingly difficult to make multiple last second bids on multiple items from a seller(s) who's auctions all end at the same time. Fortunately, there aren't a lot of sellers who set up their auctions to end at exactly the same time.

I always hate it when that happens. At least give me a couple minutes in between to get ready

A better auction system for the seller would be one where the auction time is extended to say 10 minutes past the last bid. I'm surprised an auction site like E-Bay doesn't offer different auction styles. Maybe it would be too confusing for bidders/sellers. I remember the first time I bid in a dutch auction on E-Bay and being surprised by how it worked versus how I thought it should have worked.

So, has anyone had experience with multiple snipes from different bidders happening against the same auction? Do they literally go in at the last second or is it within the last several seconds?

I would have to guess someone has been inadvertently blocked out of their bid because of this?

Since I have little experience with it, would someone that has mind giving me their confidence level on using it against an auction on a book that is extremely rare to see on sale or is this something more for common stuff you don't care about missing out on?

eBay can handle as many at the same time as it takes.

As long as the price isn't higher than your bid amount, the snipe will go through.

I've never had a snipe fail using Bidnip.

If so, what software do you use? Pros and cons?

So to summarize:

There's about a 50% ratio between those who use it and those who don't.

The software platforms/services that are being used are:

Bidnip

Bidnapper

Gavelsnipe

jbidsniper

Is that it? Does anyone use a different software platform or service?

:news:

Frrom GavelSnipe:

"GavelSnipe has been asked by ComicLink to remove sniping capability for their auctions, and we are complying with their request. Sorry for any inconvenience. We will continue to provide sniping support for other auction sites."

Just won an auction using Gavelsnipe and paid less than I expected to (thanks for the tip).

Quick question for those that also use it.

Have you lowered the suggested 20 second buffer and had success?

The reason I ask is because two more people placed bids after mine (5 seconds left and 1 second left) and it drove the price up another 40%.

So to summarize:

Bidnip

Bidnapper

Gavelsnipe

jbidsniper

Quicksnipe is nice. Like most they have a variable snipe time setting. About 6 seconds is fairly reliable and I use that all the time, however less than that is considered more at your own risk. Used to be free until a few months ago, now it's a min of $.25 per bid :(

I have been using AuctionMagic for a few years now. It has a one time cost of $14.95 with free updates and as many bids as you want for free.

Some people dont like it because it runs on your local machine, so if it is not running, or you lose internet connection, or your power goes out, you will lose. But it has worked for me everytime :)

Who bids on Ebay anymore when the majority of the stuff on there is overpriced and overgraded bins?

Yes, the BINS take up about 90% of the items on Ebay and they are almost all way overpriced, but if you bid on the 10% that are actually auctions, you can do pretty well.

Oh, and I manually snipe auctions, meaning I bid with about 5-10 seconds remaining in the auction. I find that this can work out in my favor, unless someone else snipes the same auction with 4 seconds left in the bidding. I hate that!

I love GavelSnipe. I won 193 auctions with it, and lost 938. When I win, I win for a great price :)

I set my buffer at 7 seconds, though it generally goes through at about 10 seconds before the end. The last few seconds are key.

So to summarize:

Bidnip

Bidnapper

Gavelsnipe

jbidsniper

Update on platforms/services that are being used by board members:

AuctionMagic

Bidnapper

Bidnip

Gavelsnipe

jbidsniper

Quicksnipe

I don't! But I usually bid with 3-4 sec left. Generally have luck, but I've lost 3 out of my last 4 - 1 really me off. Definitely going to look into it when I start looking again.

Yeah, me too. I manually snipe with 3-4 seconds left. As long as you set your maximum bid higher than any other bidder, you should win every time. But, I'm always looking for deals, so my bids are usually always slightly below market, which means that I lose most of the items I bid on.

Frrom GavelSnipe:

"GavelSnipe has been asked by ComicLink to remove sniping capability for their auctions, and we are complying with their request. Sorry for any inconvenience. We will continue to provide sniping support for other auction sites."

I wonder why Comiclink doesn't want people to bid at the very last second ?

I prefer to snipe so this way I'm the only one that knows how much I'm willing to bid... hm

Frrom GavelSnipe:

I wonder why Comiclink doesn't want people to bid at the very last second ?

I prefer to snipe so this way I'm the only one that knows how much I'm willing to bid... hm

Heritage encourages sniping via their software during live signature auctions. Go figure.