• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

novels about comic collecting or who's protagonist is a collector?

11 posts in this topic

There must be some, right?

And hopefully good ones?

Please let me know about them here.

My favorite genre is horror & it seems likely that if any particular genre was likely to feature collectors it would be horror and/or SF. Although, there are probably some comedic novels about the hobby as well.

Peace.

Jim

Try The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. Won a Pulitzer. More a slice of life book, but horrific things happen. An incredible book.

The Comic Book Killer by Richard Lupoff......an OK read.....nothing spectacular.

+1 on this.

I read it years ago (it's the slipcased version with a mock-up comic supplied that is important to the yarn).

Slow, but it does involve many aspects of comic collecting - not surprising as Lupoff also co-wrote "The Comic Book Book" and "All in Colour for a Dime".

There's Milk, Sulphate and Alby Starvation from 1987 which features a whacked out comic fan. I think he was especially obsessed by Silver Surfer, though I'm not entirely sure as I haven't read it for decades. It seemed hilarious at the time though.

51J6eIpfzfL._SL500_.jpg