• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnaround times, giving me hesitation

52 posts in this topic

CGC must love the on-site grading they can charge $20 for Modern comics 1/3 more then normal.

I think the slow turnaround times will force some people to use the on-site. Greggy is using it for 72 books 893whatthe.gif that’s $1440. $864 with 20% discount for 72 books regular submissions. That $576 more 893whatthe.gif

Dam you CGG it you guys were not around CGC would charge this for regular submissions 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

Actually, we would rather do the grading here at CGC, we would make much more money. We pay for 10 plane tickets, 12 hotel rooms for as many as 6 nights each, meals, over-time for non-salary employees, advertising and much more.

On-site grading is just a way to introduce ourselves to people who are not sure about using our service and to help dealers and collector's consumate a deal using an impartial third party for grade and RESTORATION check on the convention floor.

Stop talking to yourself. We have seen through the guise.... gossip.gif

Does the quantity of books you submit make a difference in grading time? I man, ifI submit 15 books will I get them back faster than if I submit 50? I have this idea--which may be wrong--that CGC might try to knock out a bunch of smaller orders quickly so that there are fewer customers waiting anxiously for their returns, while those who submitted huger orders might be more understanding--"well, it's taking a long time, but I sent in 200 books!"

Steve, what's the largest number of books anyone's ever submitted in a single order?

And how many books a day does CGC slab?

Does the quantity of books you submit make a difference in grading time? I man, ifI submit 15 books will I get them back faster than if I submit 50? I have this idea--which may be wrong--that CGC might try to knock out a bunch of smaller orders quickly so that there are fewer customers waiting anxiously for their returns, while those who submitted huger orders might be more understanding--"well, it's taking a long time, but I sent in 200 books!"

Steve, what's the largest number of books anyone's ever submitted in a single order?

No difference with the amount of books, just by tier. I think the largest submission at one time might have been 5,000 moderns. I think the largest non-modern submission was 2,500. We can get out about 750 a day.

Going home to eat dinner and watch HBO 893applaud-thumb.gif

Have a great night everybody smile.gif

No difference with the amount of books, just by tier. I think the largest submission at one time might have been 5,000 moderns. I think the largest non-modern submission was 2,500. We can get out about 750 a day.

Going home to eat dinner and watch HBO 893applaud-thumb.gif

Have a great night everybody smile.gif

i'm with steve; the Soprano in 20 minutes followed by the wild and wooly DEADWOOD acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Just make sure you treat my books well! flowerred.gif

I'm gonna let RS grade them shocked.gif

Sweet...high grades with no chance of the dreaded PLOD! insane.gif

9.6 and 9.8 and some 9.9 for you thumbsup2.gif

They updated the timetable today...now shipping econs from 1/28. From past experience I can tell you that by the time the turn-times appear reasonable, everyone else is going to be thinking "Wow, now I can send all those books in I was waiting on sending until they got caught up!", which, of course, will lead to another surge in submissions and longer wait times!! 27_laughing.gif

I'm looking forward to the day when CGC actually gets ahead of their posted schedule.

That way we can ask Steve B. how it feels to be experiencing ......

Premature Encapsulation

(bada-bang!)

27_laughing.gif

I'm looking forward to the day when CGC actually gets ahead of their posted schedule.

That way we can ask Steve B. how it feels to be experiencing ......

Premature Encapsulation

(bada-bang!)

27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gifboo.gif