• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Love that croc canoe! lol

Jumbo 146

Jumbo146.jpg

Maybe you can tell me if this is a Kamen cover influenced by Ehitman or a cover that Whian might have assisted on. Kamen's later covers evolved to be more like Whitman's as the title progressed, at least to my eye.

Pretty amazing run of covers.

I think they are pretty cool, too. That's the first time I've ever lined them all up next to each other.

If I had to make a decision, I would say that the weak printing colors start around issue 40 and go up to around issue 115 with the worst of the run being from 70 to 115. That's totally subjective since there are issues as early as 14 and as late as 155 that have color problems.

I thought I would go ahead and post my Dreadstar run. At one time, I thought I had two copies of #1 and ended up selling one of the copies. After more than a year of sorting books, I've decided that I never really had two copies and I sold the only one I had. Pretty silly but any of you who have ever dealt with me have already learned I don't always keep track of everything when I'm busy. I like the Registry for keeping track of my books but it's delete function isn't as user friendly as it could be. Anyone who has ever tried to delete a few hundred books from a set without deleting the whole set has probably already figured this out. Anyway...

Dreadstar 2 - The first seven issues had both front and back Dreadstar illustrations. Starting on #8, they began with Epic advertizing.

Dreadstar2.jpg

Dreadstar2B.jpg