• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Quick question Cheetah, do you have the other X-Men #1 9.8 that's on the census?

After your last auction, how much did you drop on registry points?

No, I never had an X-men 1 at all. I had wanted to complete the run with a 9.4 but just didn't want it bad enough to pay $125k for the book. That;s ultimately why I sold the set.

And I think my total dropped about 450,000 points but I spent a lot of the winnings on GA books so I'm only 150,000 or so from where I was in the first place.

Planet Comics is my favorite title after the three Nedor titles, Exciting, Startling and Thrilling. I got very lucky and was able to pick up the Denver Pedigree copy of #1. This once belonged to Nic Cage (woopie!) but also to a lot of other people including Steve Borock.

PlanetComics01.jpg

Planet Comics is my favorite title after the three Nedor titles, Exciting, Startling and Thrilling. I got very lucky and was able to pick up the Denver Pedigree copy of #1. This once belonged to Nic Cage (woopie!) but also to a lot of other people including Steve Borock.

PlanetComics01.jpg

(worship)

The 'rivet run' on Planet is stupidhard to finish. It gets its name from the rivets in the Planet Comics logo. A number of these issues I would upgrade in a heartbeat if I found a better copy, but the nice ones that are out there are locked up in other's collections. A number of folks who frequent the GA forum have gorgeous copies. I'll just need to wait till they decide to sell and upgrade.

Planet Comics 19

PlanetComics19.jpg

Will most definitely keep an eye out for #2, #3 and #9 if ever there were to show up... (thumbs u

Thanks! There are a couple of copies out there that match up with most of my run. They aren't great copies and they are generally overpriced. They are kinda on my list of books to get but I've been picking up really nice copies of other titles recently so I'll either pick them up later or wait until something better comes along.