• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Just to keep this thread somewhat personal, I'll post a few other things every now and then. This is something my daughter put together this morning with her new Manga Anatomy book and her new Copic markers. She's 12.

Sarah2.jpg

Awesome pic, my daughter may eventually be able to do that, 7 more years to go.

When the job killing EPA gets eliminated expect to see more kids with no elbows, the mercury gets rid of them pretty quick.

I've got some scanning to catch up with on my Planet run so I thought I would take a one-day break and post a few odd-ball items I picked up from the Central Valley collection. If you've not seen any books from this pedigree, you've missed some truly astounding color and page preservation. I've got some nice Mile High books but from top to bottom, the Central Valleys are superior in whiteness.

Here are some Comics on Parade, a title that doesn't get much love nowadays but had a number of the titles that people loved during the 1940's.

Comics on Parade 13 (this one isn't from the Central Valley collection)

ComicsonParade13.jpg

Just to keep this thread somewhat personal, I'll post a few other things every now and then. This is something my daughter put together this morning with her new Manga Anatomy book and her new Copic markers. She's 12.

Sarah2.jpg

This is neat. My daughter draws manga (really really well which is somewhat weird to me since neither I or her mother is particularly artistically gifted) and loves anime too. She has even gone to several Anime conventions (making me take her each time so I would pay for stuff). I find it very interesting how this art form appeals to the fairer sex. Comic collectors are way over 90 percent male but the split seemed 50-50 at the Anime conventions. Of course, I've looked over some of her Manga collections and was.......not really shocked, but surprised at the content. I don't understand the appeal but I didn't get the Twilight movies either (which I found unbearably sappy and quite boring).

My ex, on the other hand, looked the Manga books over and immediately banned my daughter from having them. So she always kept them in her room at my house. Bad Dad.

Never got around to scanning the missing Planets yesterday so I'll post a few more oddball items. First up is Air Ace. I think most of these used to belong to Doc Joe.

Air Ace Volume 2 #3

AirAceV23.jpg