• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Amazing Planets. How long did it take you to collect those?

I've been on it for over three years, now.

Noob :baiting:

This is the company that got Murphy Anderson back into drawing comics. After a very unsatisfying stint drawing the syndicated Buck Rogers strip, he returned to NC to work at his father's cab company. Jerry Siegal (Superman creator) was the editor of the Ziff-Davis line and lured him back to NYC on the promise of very high page rates and work on sci-fi comics -- Murphy's first love.

Unfortunately, the painted covers and Siegal's taste in stories were not enough to cover the high staff expenses and so ZD cancelled most of their titles after a very short run. In the meantime, Murphy found work at DC and begin an uninterrupted streak of assignments in comics.

Amazing Adventures 1

AmazingAdventures1-1.jpg

No disagreement from me on this one. I had the hardest time extracting my copy from its prior owner but I kept in mind my mother's advice: You can get more with a kind word, a loaded .45 and a set of compromising photos than you can with just a kind word.

Planet Comics 66 - a Maurice Whitman cover. He's pretty much my favorite GA artist and this is his best Planet cover.

PlanetComics66.jpg

Amazing Planets. How long did it take you to collect those?

I've been on it for over three years, now.

Noob :baiting:

Yes, but an aggressive noob.