• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Red cover (thumbs u

JH is quite a nice little quartet, though your 9.2 non-ped almost looks out of place compared to its super high powered brethern.

Another obscure title that no one else collects.

Johnny Hazard was a four-issue series that started at issue 5 and presented new material from Frank Robbins. Johnny Hazard was better know as a comic book character.

Johnny Hazard 5

JohhnyHazard5-1.jpg

I think you have a thing for red covers. :baiting:

This one is so bright it is almost dripping.

Here's another one of those titles that I started on a whim. It was nice to know that Doc Joe started it first and then dumped all of his copies so I could by them.

Air Ace V2 #3

AirAceV23.jpg

Now that's a nice whim!

I think it might be the second-best cover of the title after V2 #2 with the demonized japanese about to get noosed. I don't have that one.

I think you and I already knew we started collecting at the same time. My first book was Avengers 102 and Defenders 2 was the first defenders book I bought.

Here's another one of those titles that I started on a whim. It was nice to know that Doc Joe started it first and then dumped all of his copies so I could by them.

Air Ace V2 #3

AirAceV23.jpg

Now that's a nice whim!

I think it might be the second-best cover of the title after V2 #2 with the demonized japanese about to get noosed. I don't have that one.

I agree with V2 #2 as the best of the run, but I would place V1 #9, with the tiger attacking the Japanese in the number 2 slot.

I think you and I already knew we started collecting at the same time. My first book was Avengers 102 and Defenders 2 was the first defenders book I bought.

Yep, I remember. I just wished I would have kept Defenders looking like the Twin Cities copy. Such a pretty book.

Brick Bradford was another short run 4-issue series from Standard. I've only got one of those but it is one of the classic Schomburg robot covers.

Brick Bradford 6 - easily the sweetest copy you will ever see unless the Mile High copy should show up.

BB6001.jpg

This has a great story & interior art too!

Brick Bradford was another short run 4-issue series from Standard. I've only got one of those but it is one of the classic Schomburg robot covers.

Brick Bradford 6 - easily the sweetest copy you will ever see unless the Mile High copy should show up.

BB6001.jpg

This has a great story & interior art too!

I was granted the opportunity to see the Church copy by PM. It's a lovely book and presents a little better than my copy. I would guess it would grade out the same.