• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"I'm bored, and those long boxes look awfully white and blank."

82 posts in this topic

Thanks!! Im glad you guys like it.

[font:Book Antiqua]Mmmm...

I wonder...

could you do the same

in any blank marvel cover.

You may have some costumers...[/font]

hm

And i sure can. I was actually gonna ask for some suggestions as to which cover i should do next above this one. I'd like to stick to the black background theme too.

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe some Black and White Will Eisner Spirit ...![/font]

:grin:

The Spirit sounds like it would be fun

Pretty damn good! How long did it take you to do it? Did you do pencil first and then ink it, or did you just draw with the marker?

It took about 3 hours, started with pencil and then went over it in ink.

Finished. I started using Prismacolor pens, got all the red colored in and went to blue (before trying it out first. 1st time i used these pens) and it came out SOOOO dark it almost looked like it was black. so you can see on the top left farie butterfly angel thing that his whole head almost looks gone, thats why. So i switched it to color pencils. Im still pleased with it though. Hope you guys like it too.

100_3194.jpg

As I've said before, I know diddly squat about drawing, but isn't the card the boxes are made of incredibly absorbent? I would have thought the ink would really bleed out, or do the particular pens you used prevent that? (sorry if it's a dumb question).

We have some very talented artists here on the boards, and as someone who draws like a four year old I am in awe of all your talents. (worship)

Are you dissing on the members that draw like 3 year olds?

:mad:

Finished. I started using Prismacolor pens, got all the red colored in and went to blue (before trying it out first. 1st time i used these pens) and it came out SOOOO dark it almost looked like it was black. so you can see on the top left farie butterfly angel thing that his whole head almost looks gone, thats why. So i switched it to color pencils. Im still pleased with it though. Hope you guys like it too.

100_3194.jpg

Daaaaaamn!

You killed it! Fantastic! (worship) (worship) (worship)

As I've said before, I know diddly squat about drawing, but isn't the card the boxes are made of incredibly absorbent? I would have thought the ink would really bleed out, or do the particular pens you used prevent that? (sorry if it's a dumb question).

The pens i used are Prismacolor Premier .05 mm. Theyre really good pens and ive been waiting for something to break these out on. The cardboard absorbed the ink really well, no bleeds at all. The color pencils didnt take that well though. I had to go over it a couple times.

Incredibly awesome! If you get bored start doing some more on lids of short boxes and put them in the Mixed For Sale forum!

Wish I could do that

That sounds like a really good idea. Anyone have any requests? If it looks good and you like it, ill be more than happy to sell it.

Thank you everyone for the awesome feedback. I appreciate it.