• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase 60.....Treasure or trash ?

12 posts in this topic

I was browsing GPA and one of the books I keep my eye on is Showcase 60. I love first appearances, even if it's Silver Age firsts. It is a theme in my collecting focus.

As I was comparing prices, I was taken aback by the disparity. In 2009, a 9.6 sold for over 3k. In November 2011, a 9.6 sold for $625 !?

While these are both single sales and don't "make" the value/market, I think it's eye opening for me. I always thought it was a desirable book. I don't see high grade copies for sale in 9.4 or higher....

Is the book "dead in the water" ?.....

If you're after that book in HG, you couldn't wish for a better time to pick it up at bargain price.

As for sales, I noticed a couple of 9.6 go on Pedigree and ebay in 2011 (final sales prices were lukewarm at best). Lack of interest in the book/SA character certainly is playing a part in price slump.

Michael --

A lot of 2009 prices are a bit loopy...across the board that was a great time to sell, not buy. I'm sure eye appeal and pq also played a role...the big sale was probably from an auction house, the small one from Ebay.

As it stands, a good time to buy, apparently! Good luck :wishluck:

Dan

It's a beautiful cover and an iconic character....but I could be easily satisfied by a sharp undergraded 9.0.....then take the money you saved and spend it on something from a real publisher...like Marvel. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's a beautiful cover and an iconic character....but I could be easily satisfied by a sharp undergraded 9.0.....then take the money you saved and spend it on something from a real publisher...like Marvel. GOD BLESS...

Spoken like a true believer.

:sumo:

lol

....then take the money you saved and spend it on something from a real publisher...like Marvel. GOD BLESS...

Marvels are so common though that there's no need to spend money on them. Wait long enough and somebody will leave them to you in their will.

;)

....then take the money you saved and spend it on something from a real publisher...like Marvel. GOD BLESS...

Marvels are so common though that there's no need to spend money on them. Wait long enough and somebody will leave them to you in their will.

;)

.....I should leave you mine....that would teach you :baiting: GOD BLESS...

P.S. My stash for a long Starship voyage would definitely include some W Boring Superman 3 parters, Adam Strange, and Atomic Knights. Possibl even a couple Little Lotta's,,,,but don't tell anyone.

lol! You guys are brutal :)

DC isn't that bad when you're talking about Murphy Anderson art :cloud9:

Tell me about it ! ....they are acting lie DCs are Valiants ! lol

I think it's a great cover, terrific art and that miswrap is extremely common. Another book that seems to be tough to find in 9.4 an above is the Brave and Bold 57. I had the Norhland copy years ago that I bought from a boardie. I know it's not a book on most people's radar, but still not easy to find

I'm happy with this sharp looking 9.2 :cloud9:

Showcase60.jpg

I don't see anything really wrong with it. I'd be happy with it too therefore and there's no way I'd pay multiples of the price for a slabbed copy giveh a marginally higher number.

(shrug)