• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Windy City Pedigrees- What Did They Sell For?

125 posts in this topic

I would be interested in any notes on the Great 3. I was surprised to see it in there as it's obviously not a #1.

Gary100.jpg

There were many runs in the Wallace collection, Alan. I'll post them soon. Famous Funnies, Detective, New, More Fun, Classics, Four Colors and more. Maybe it was later that he decided to focus mainly on first issues.

I've had a few of the Windy City #1's and only have one left.

I had Killroys #1, Giggle #1 (wish I still had both as they were pretty nice 7.0-8.0 range) and I still have the Cow Puncher #1 raw. Wish there were Windy City later issues of that title.

Thanks for sharing Gary....great historical data points and it lets young and old collectors feel a bit of the excitement that you felt back in the day.

Did any of your WCs have "A. Wallace" penciled on or near the logo? The A stands for Andy or Anna. Andy was the mailman who collected the books and Anna was his spinster sister schoolmarm who helped him. The issues with the name are generally late 40's - early 50's.

I don't see any penciling on my copy and I don't recall on the other two.