• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Windy City Pedigrees- What Did They Sell For?

125 posts in this topic

Tell them about the comics you bought in Homewood or Flossmoor, all those high grade Marvels in the brown shopping bags! That guy walked up to your table and asked if you "still bought comics"...something along that verbage...I remember AF 15, Spidey 1, TOS 39 multiple copies.....I think it was 1975 or 76??

Ah, that's a story for another time, Stuart! :headbang:

Worthy of it's own thread.... :baiting:

Tell them about the comics you bought in Homewood or Flossmoor, all those high grade Marvels in the brown shopping bags! That guy walked up to your table and asked if you "still bought comics"...something along that verbage...I remember AF 15, Spidey 1, TOS 39 multiple copies.....I think it was 1975 or 76??

Ah, that's a story for another time, Stuart! :headbang:

Worthy of it's own thread.... :baiting:

Those are the kinds of things collectors dream of (I know I do).

I think we need a "Storytime with the Moondog" thread. We can all shout out requests for favorite collection stories, or ask for individual issue stories. What do you think?

I agree. I want to hear more about the high grade prehero Marvel collection you had at one of the minicons at the Americana Congress. IIRC I purchased the ToS 1 and 9, Strange Worlds 1 and a couple of others...

I think we need a "Storytime with the Moondog" thread. We can all shout out requests for favorite collection stories, or ask for individual issue stories. What do you think?

I agree. I want to hear more about the high grade prehero Marvel collection you had at one of the minicons at the Americana Congress. IIRC I purchased the ToS 1 and 9, Strange Worlds 1 and a couple of others...

Don't forget the garage sale where I found a FC 29, All-Winners 1 and a ton of GA...

And the farmer who found two boxes of beat up books that had a Subby 1 and Cap 3 that were VGs...

And the guy who heard me on WGN talking comics and sold me his complete collection of Cap 1-78...

And the woman with the near complete Atlas run minus super-heroes, horror and SF. Almost every romance, western, crime, humor book that Atlas published...

And the guy who passed away who wrote a note to his family that "Call this Colabuono guy. He won't rip you off." He had hundreds of pre-code horror, SF, Arkham House editions, etc.

And (another) woman in Michigan whose dad passed away. He told her to call me if she ever wanted to sell his comics. She had Spidey 1-250. The 129 was 9.9. The 1 was an 8.5.

Oh, there are stories, tons of stories - but the last thing I would want to do is bore you all... (thumbs u

Don't forget the garage sale where I found a FC 29, All-Winners 1 and a ton of GA...

And the farmer who found two boxes of beat up books that had a Subby 1 and Cap 3 that were VGs...

And the guy who heard me on WGN talking comics and sold me his complete collection of Cap 1-78...

And the woman with the near complete Atlas run minus super-heroes, horror and SF. Almost every romance, western, crime, humor book that Atlas published...

And the guy who passed away who wrote a note to his family that "Call this Colabuono guy. He won't rip you off." He had hundreds of pre-code horror, SF, Arkham House editions, etc.

And (another) woman in Michigan whose dad passed away. He told her to call me if she ever wanted to sell his comics. She had Spidey 1-250. The 129 was 9.9. The 1 was an 8.5.

Oh, there are stories, tons of stories - but the last thing I would want to do is bore you all... (thumbs u

(worship)

The forum lives for such stories. Nice that someone here has experienced them.

Never bored, Gary - actually, it's always refreshing to hear about one of the "good guys" getting some scores instead of the usual suspects.

Please, bore us

Please, bore us

+1

What about the 40000 phone calls or visits from people whose grandfather bought Superman #1 brand new and they still have it in their safe-deposit box (but they won't show it to you cause they are going to get big money for it elsewhere) rantrant

Never bored, Gary - actually, it's always refreshing to hear about one of the "good guys" getting some scores instead of the usual suspects.

Well said.

I love hearing these stories. :applause:

Gary, do you have any information about the Windy City Hi-Spot #2? I remember you mentioning that there was one in the collection. Thanks.

I will check tonight. I believe there's a photo of it.

I love hearing these stories. :applause:

Gary, do you have any information about the Windy City Hi-Spot #2? I remember you mentioning that there was one in the collection. Thanks.

I will check tonight. I believe there's a photo of it.

Sweet! :wishluck::popcorn:

Please, bore us