• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"What Was The Best Christmas Gift(s) You Ever Received?"

63 posts in this topic

Best I got when I was a kid was the USS Flagg. Really wish I still had it.

Actually that was a toy and should really revise to this Cristmas where I met my real Father, Grandmother and Grandfather after 37 years.

:applause:

Have to say, that my best gift ever, was when I was seventeen and my girlfriend (now my wife of 38 years) gave me what most 17 year olds want from their girlfriends. Sorry to say, but it actually was a Christmas present. Sounds freekie now though.

B.J. It has been our "tradition" every year since.

My second best Christmas present was probably my stingray 20 inch bicycle with the high handlebars and banana seat. Five speed stick shifter on the center bar. I was wanting that for sooo long. I was about age 11, I guess.

Have to say, that my best gift ever, was when I was seventeen and my girlfriend (now my wife of 38 years) gave me what most 17 year olds want from their girlfriends. Sorry to say, but it actually was a Christmas present. Sounds freekie now though.

(thumbs u :applause:^^

To be serious though, I have had a few that stuck out for me. The first I was 5 and I got a batmobile that you pedaled.The best part was much like this christmas there was no snow on the ground so I got to use it right away. The second was my nes that I got, I was a couple years behind on video game systems but it was still the best thing you could have. The third that really stands out was a Mickey mantle autographed baseball from upperdeck authenticated that my father bought for me. My old man was not the kindest or warmest father in the world and he never really bought presents, getting that ball was huge too me because he knew how much I loved baseball and went out of his way to get me something he knew I would love.

To be serious though, I have had a few that stuck out for me. The first I was 5 and I got a batmobile that you pedaled.The best part was much like this christmas there was no snow on the ground so I got to use it right away. The second was my nes that I got, I was a couple years behind on video game systems but it was still the best thing you could have. The third that really stands out was a Mickey mantle autographed baseball from upperdeck authenticated that my father bought for me. My old man was not the kindest or warmest father in the world and he never really bought presents, getting that ball was huge too me because he knew how much I loved baseball and went out of his way to get me something he knew I would love.

Interesting. Your father made a huge impression with just one gift. The right gift at the right time. Yet, so many fathers just dish out the gifts willy-nilly, and the kids usually don't remember them very long. I can not remember ANY gift my father ever gave me. Not one. Come to think of it. I don't think he ever gave me a gift. I was raised by my grandparents. But he was around now and then.

I do remember the bike my grandmother gave me though. Ha Ha. My wife and I just gave our youngest son a bicycle last night. He is 30. :)

Interesting. Your father made a huge impression with just one gift. The right gift at the right time. Yet, so many fathers just dish out the gifts willy-nilly, and the kids usually don't remember them very long. I can not remember ANY gift my father ever gave me. Not one. Come to think of it. I don't think he ever gave me a gift. I was raised by my grandparents. But he was around now and then.

I do remember the bike my grandmother gave me though. Ha Ha. My wife and I just gave our youngest son a bicycle last night. He is 30. :)

I remember alot of the stuff I have gotten on xmas over the years, I have a great memory lol. But yes my father got me good a couple times for sure all from around 17-18 on. The next christmas he bought me the 1 nfl starting lineup figure I needed to finish the 1994 set. Brett Farve was the figure and at the time very hard to find and not exactly cheap either. When I graduated from high school in 94 my father gave me the best present I ever got, a Ted Williams autographed ball from UDA. Living in Red Sox nation and all do I even need to give a reason why this was so big.

I think you have a point with the impression with just one gift.I don't buy many presents for my kids, I try to focus in on the 1 or 2 things they really want. It's not about getting tons of things and being overwhelmed it's about creating memories they will remember forever.

Best tradition EVER!

the-comic-book-guy-pondering.jpg

Best tradition EVER!

the-comic-book-guy-pondering.jpg

It's never too late to start a tradition.

^^

The one I was happiest about was in Grade 7 when I received a Wii.

Im old... When I was a kid I got an ATARI. :roflmao: Anyone remember those?

Better than I remember my first video game.

telstartabletennis.gif